Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Playing football whilst fasting?

Good reply Pimped.

What if you were to boil up a load of chocolate penguins and sniff in/breath the chocolate in?

I am just trying to find a way round it.

At what point does soup stop being food, and become a drink? Is there a thickness test?

Good reply Pimped.

What if you were to boil up a load of chocolate penguins and sniff in/breath the chocolate in?

I am just trying to find a way round it.

At what point does soup stop being food, and become a drink? Is there a thickness test?

Eating, DRINKING, and smoking are ALL taboo.

Sniffing real penguins may possibly be allowed (maybe the Mods can clarify?) :)

They can't even drink?

I could have swore the local lads at the college I used to work at drank water. Maybe not.

Well playing football is downright stupid then.

that is a harsh reply there was no need for that.

i wouldnt play football if i was u m8 as mentioned u may faint almost definatley dehydrate. from what i understand u get the headache from lack of fluids.

thanks mate that is what i thought but couldn't be arsed with having a kick off about it as he went over the top and misunderstood my question?

Bruv, while fasting, you're meant to supress your desires and spend your time and energy on worship. If you don't take the max benefit of the multiplication of rewards in this month, then it's your loss.

My advice to you is: just relax for these 30 days and use your time wisely.

Hope this helps

Your right m8 but its just i am in a league and also in a cup competition so its important i play due to the fact we had to enter a squad at the start.

As for worship that is going well bruv

They can't even drink?

I could have swore the local lads at the college I used to work at drank water. Maybe not.

Well playing football is downright stupid then.

Guys I used to work with were sat next to me going through the McDonalds drive through. They made their own rules, lol

I no alot of lads who "snack" while fasting at work,and drink when i worked in a foundry due to the heat.

Can you not drink the hydroactive drinks mate, water but with added bits to help hydration ?

Would eat things like banana's as late as you can mate, high energy etc.

i would get a nice greasy sausage and egg sandwich with brown sauce after playing football if i was hungry

Attention and advice are 2 different things!

As for your post its contradictory in the sense you post in the a thread which you think is created for attention yet your post is the one the drives attention and response!

There is no obvoius answer to this i just wanted to ask members who knew what they were talking about for their advice.

If you don't like the thread then its quite simple to press the back button on your browser.

The attention seekers are those who post shit for sole purpose of getting attention.

Of course there is.

If playing football while fasting causes you to feel unwell then clearly you shouldn't play football while fasting.

It's a bit of a no brainer m8.

If it was advice on which foods you should eat then you could have worded it better.
As it was you asked if it was something you should do.

Which it isn't really now is it?

anyway best of luck with the banana thing.

Attention and advice are 2 different things!

As for your post its contradictory in the sense you post in the a thread which you think is created for attention yet your post is the one the drives attention and response!

There is no obvoius answer to this i just wanted to ask members who knew what they were talking about for their advice.

If you don't like the thread then its quite simple to press the back button on your browser.

The attention seekers are those who post shit for sole purpose of getting attention.

It was a toungue in cheek post that highlighted my concern for this forum in general nani, your post seems to have been the proverbial straw for me. Im aware that there is a back button on my browser thanks lol I am finding myself using it more and more hence the post in this thread.

This forum is important to me. I check it all the time to see what everyones up to and enjoy the banter and can remember many good times and bad. Its fun and a great place to disconnect from things and also keep up to date. Its special in a way no other forum I know of is.
If I see someone littering in the street I COULD turn a blind eye or I COULD shout over to make them pick it up and put it in the bin. That choice is mine. But its a choice i shouldent have to make in the first place.
The threads reflect on the whole forum, silly pointless threads in here in some way reflect on every 54,541 members on here and I dont want to be seen as going along with it.
Respect the forum and its members integrity by limiting things a bit, I am a member here and I dont want to be tarred with the nonsence brush.

Nani, this isnt just at you, not by a long chalk m8 and I have no interest in persecuting any one person I have said what I wanted to say.

*this is my last post in the thread*

Do you think it is something that i should do?
I close my fast a around 3:30am roughly then don't eat nor drink anything till about 8:15pm

I mean i have already played indoor football yesterday for an hour i was fooked afterwards as i still had 4 hours to go till my fast opened so do you think i should or is it dangerous?

I had a nasty headache after game but i just love playing and i still managed to play the best from both team despite it!

to answer you question

remember Islam as a religion does not want you to cause harm to yourself when fasting, as the basis of fasting is as follows:

Because fasting is an act of worship, your body is constantly reminding you of your duty to Allah, thus making you more inclined to perform good deeds as opposed to evil.

Because you go without food for long periods, your body is effectively cleansing itself on a daily basis.

Your daily hunger gives you a certain amount of empathy for those who are less fortunate than yourself.

Fasting strengthens your discipline, willpower, moderation and patience.

To fast and then to feel pain is not what fasting is all about, therefore if you play sports and fast you do so under guidance from professional people in terms of health, in your case if you are playing football and then you get an headache you should not play football and fast simple as that plus common cause should prevail and in your case getting constant headaches when playing football is a sign for you not to play football

What kind of a racist answer is that? Harsh??? Went past harsh after the 1st line.

Seems like the rules are meant to be observed when it suits. But you're ok Seedy cos you've got a lot of posts. I wouldn't like the newbies to post that kind of homophobic,racist abuse because you'd get a ban straight away.

You are a disgrace mate with that response. Any ban.......LOL thought not!

would you say that was irony lol

Do you think it is something that i should do?
I close my fast a around 3:30am roughly then don't eat nor drink anything till about 8:15pm

I mean i have already played indoor football yesterday for an hour i was fooked afterwards as i still had 4 hours to go till my fast opened so do you think i should or is it dangerous?

I had a nasty headache after game but i just love playing and i still managed to play the best from both team despite it!

i wouldnt do it like..in dundee there was an asian pupil at a high school who died due to this..i know there mayb other reasons or mayb he had something wrong with him but he was fastin at the time and theres no way that would have helped him..some people might be alright but be carefull..

Don't get me started on irony! :silly:

My Merrydown and Tennents is a kinda irony colour and i know it is my version of what a god is.
It gives me inner strength, empathy and tolerance for annoying things like the bird playing Ultravox at high volume.
She is testing my faith to the limit but the fact that shut up aya face kept Vienna of the no1 spot many moons ago keeps me going.
That and that am spangled and i haven't got a scoobie why am posting this..
I could never fast for my god though as i can't drink god on an empty stomach..
Time to break out the god of kebabs now..
You guys have a willpower i could never understand, fair play to you..

My Merrydown and Tennents is a kinda irony colour and i know it is my version of what a god is.
It gives me inner strength, empathy and tolerance for annoying things like the bird playing Ultravox at high volume.
She is testing my faith to the limit but the fact that shut up aya face kept Vienna of the no1 spot many moons ago keeps me going.
That and that am spangled and i haven't got a scoobie why am posting this..
I could never fast for my god though as i can't drink god on an empty stomach..
Time to break out the god of kebabs now..
You guys have a willpower i could never understand, fair play to you..

As Dave Allen used to say "may your god go with you".

But I was wondering how Muhammad Ali got round this fast thing at the big do at Old Trafford the other night.
Did he observe Ramadan?

As Dave Allen used to say "may your god go with you".

But I was wondering how Muhammad Ali got round this fast thing at the big do at Old Trafford the other night.
Did he observe Ramadan?

Nahh he got stuffed in round eight.
Ironic.
I'l get ma coat..:proud:

Back