Pinnacle Studio Problem

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi me hearties anyone out there know anything about Pinnacle Studio video capture. I have version 8 upgraded at great expense to version 9. Everything worked fine using XP pro until I bought new computer and re-installed under XP pro and SP2, now the darn thing refuses to capture video from my analogue camera. Checked all setting etc exactly same as before, but not working. I even have uninstalled everything and just installed version 8 again but cannot get it working. Capture card working fine latest drivers and latest patches downloaded.

I would appreciate any help possible thanks

if you goto the msoft site m8 and read the probs with sp2 you will see that is one of the proggys that wont work at the mo

The Microsoft website has a web page which lists "Programs that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they run on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer" .
On the page for Pinnacle Studio 9 it list as follows:
Pinnacle Studio 9 64-bit (NX). If you install this program, you receive a "Data Execution Prevention" error whenever an MPEG file is accessed.
We are aware of a problem with Studio 9 and Windows XP Service Pack 2 when running on AMD 64 processors.
Studio crashes when DEP (data execution protection) is turned on. This is not that serious of an issue, as DEP is off with the default XP SP2 installation. You will only encounter this problem if:
1. You are using a 64 bit Athlon PC
2. You have enabled DEP for all applications or enabled DEP specifically for Studio.
The solution is to disable DEP for Studio. Windows XP will offer you this option when Studio fails.

Pinnacle Studio 8

vat19 said:
The Microsoft website has a web page which lists "Programs that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they run on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer" .
On the page for Pinnacle Studio 9 it list as follows:
Pinnacle Studio 9 64-bit (NX). If you install this program, you receive a "Data Execution Prevention" error whenever an MPEG file is accessed.
We are aware of a problem with Studio 9 and Windows XP Service Pack 2 when running on AMD 64 processors.
Studio crashes when DEP (data execution protection) is turned on. This is not that serious of an issue, as DEP is off with the default XP SP2 installation. You will only encounter this problem if:
1. You are using a 64 bit Athlon PC
2. You have enabled DEP for all applications or enabled DEP specifically for Studio.
The solution is to disable DEP for Studio. Windows XP will offer you this option when Studio fails.

Hi M8 no I am running studio 8 at the moment. Referring to my message on my old PC version 9 ran perfectly, it was only when I installed studio onto my new computer 3.6 gig Intel 4; 32 bit; that I got the problems. I installed version 8 fully and then upgraded to 9 as I had done previously but I cannot capture data in either version the ONLY difference I can think of is that I run XP pro under SP2. I am a bit miffed as I cannot capture the reams of Hi-8 video that I have ready to turn into DVD's.

I am wondering if there is anything wrong with my capture card even though Windows properties says everything is working fine and dandy.

I do not know if you have any further suggestions which would be welcome?

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=191131#
Cheers

Back