Pink Floyd Time Is Healing Rift

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the most famous rifts in rock seems to be on the mend after David Gilmour reunited with his former Pink Floyd bandmate Roger Waters.

The pair performed Comfortably Numb during Waters' sold-out performance of The Wall at London's 02 Arena.

The childhood friends had not shared a stage together since 1981 until Bob Geldof persuaded them to reform Pink Floyd for Live 8 in 2005.

Their performance was rapturously received but guitarist Gilmour refused to consider the band mounting a full comeback tour, despite many concert promoters saying it would be among the highest grossing in history.

The guitarist's reluctance was widely interpreted as evidence that his relationship with Waters was still difficult but this seems to have been resolved in recent years.

They made a surprise appearance performing at a charity fundraiser for the Hope Foundation in July 2010 and Waters had revealed during interviews that Gilmour would appear for one night during his five-show run of the Wall at the 02.

He had refused to reveal which night, saying he would prefer it to be a surprise for the audience.

Pink Floyd Drummer Nick Mason was also there.
Although he did not perform, he went on stage to take a bow at the end of the show.

This was fantastic and Waters is at the MEN performing The Wall for the next 6 weeks I think. I will be having a ticket for that and looking to go to next weekends show.
I am convinced that Pink Floyd has one last major event left in them and to hopefully dedicate members lost.

about time
i once saw a tribute band the austrailian pink floyd (a few times) in my town a few years ago,anyway 1 gig they did here, they had gilmour playing a few tracks with them totally blew me away

Back