Phishing?

tiesto2

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone explain wot the feck this is?? i keep getting emails about a program to stop phishin from microsoft i dont even kno wot it is and wot details it could be taking

phishing is when your identity is stolen and used by someone else

emails

every day i get loads o emails from hsbc saying i need to up date my details hsbc have confirmed they are fake!!!

does anyone know how i can stop them?

on the windows site there is now a new internet explorer it has a phinising filter don't know what it's for i think it checks the web page's to see if there the propa pages

Phishing in technical terms is do with link to a website seen as the legitimate website but when you hover over the link or click it, it will take you to some website that has another name or IP address making you believe you are accessing the original site.

Theres a pretty thorough explanation here.

"Phishers attempt to fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as passwords and credit card details, by masquerading as a trustworthy person or business in an electronic communication."

This type of scam is all too common, and I'm sure you will have probably received a (normally poorly constructed) email claiming to be form Ebay, Paypal, Major bank with online banking facility,etc etc. asking you to click on a link to log into your account. Clicking this link will take you to a spoof website, where you will enter your account details, which will then be captured, and your account can then be fully exploited by whoever .

The microsoft anti -phising filter tries to safeguard against this by alerting you if any sites you are visiting have been reported as hosting these phishing websites.

Back