Peugeot 307 - Are they really that bad?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I've been offered a 53 plate Peugeot 307 for £2500.

I'm interested as it's cheap and would fill my needs, so I checked out a few 'review' sites and they have all slated the car.

WhatCar gave it 2 out of 5 stars and said it came 158th out of 159 cars regarding reliability.

I think it's a lovelly looking car and I'd be happy to be seen in one, but not if they are as unreliable as the reviews say.

Anyone got any personal experience of the 307?

dont do it!!!
im a mechanic and my girlfriends got one.
im forever doing stuff to it hers is 52 reg its gone through loads of parts.
when you are driving you cannot see the end of the bonnet which makes it quite difficult to see when you need to get it in the garage which is quite often lol.
also the wing mirrors are to close to where you sit.

that is my personal opinion others might not agree but my girlfriend is not keen on it now.

I've been offered a 53 plate Peugeot 307 for £2500.

I'm interested as it's cheap and would fill my needs, so I checked out a few 'review' sites and they have all slated the car.

WhatCar gave it 2 out of 5 stars and said it came 158th out of 159 cars regarding reliability.

I think it's a lovelly looking car and I'd be happy to be seen in one, but not if they are as unreliable as the reviews say.

Anyone got any personal experience of the 307?

Don't do it, looks aren't everything. Yes they are that bad.

thebigman

A neighbour who lives a few doors away owns one. I spoke to him yesterday and I mentioned his car, he told me it is the worst car he has ever owned, lol.

Brother had one, had it 26 months... spent 14 of them with peugeot ! in the garage !

Dont do it ! be worst mistake of ya life lol

Is this just a 307 issue or the entire Peugeot range?

Is this just a 307 issue or the entire Peugeot range?

Its just the 307 mate.
I nearly bought one, as we has a 406 hdi and a 306hdi without any major problems and in general were good cars.
Dont buy a Petrol Pug though, they cant make a decent one compared to their excellent diesel engines.
Just my ten pence worth,lol

I had a petrol 406 estate once upon a time, the exec model. I did 90,000 miles in it without any problems got 35 to the gallon. Never broke down once, so "some" of these cars are ok/were ok.

Frenchman

I had one about 10 years ago. Absolutely hated it from the first drive. Apart from it beings shit, and the dealers being total wankers, it really killed my back, even on short trips. I've never had a car significantly affect my back like the 307 did. It made it 10 times worse than it already is. Awful, just awful car.

I've gor a 51 plate 307 1.6 rapier and it'll be the one and only Peugeot that I have. Regularly little things going wrong but they are expensive to fix. Changing bulbs are awkward, intermittent horn fault (known 307 issue). Just search for peugeotcentral and you'll find an extensive list of issues with the 307 on there forums.

Rob.

Back