PCI Tuner

sgm1986

Inactive User
Reaction score
gettin my new pc soon n wanted to know best/cheapest PCI tuner to get that can decrypt cable TV?

I would wait and see what is happening with the new cards 1st

At this time, the cheapest easily available cards are probably the Twinhan devices.

Think Hisat sold out of those twinhans a few months ago, Should of kept my mouth shut and I could of bought another for myself :Dunce:

best is floppydtv-c, cheapest is probably the twinhams

had 2 twinhans, but could only get them to work in dvbviewer, ended up with a floppydtv which is excellent

i agree the floppy is by far the best but they have stopped trading gutting

What do you mean please?

VM are about to upgrade their encryption system and issue new cards to subscribers. This will likely mean no more freebies !

Where do you get a hold of these?

Do a google search for Twinhan. It should throw quite a few hits. A certain auction site may also have them as well.

bit more expensive(although the twinham on ebay came to £60 with p&p) is the
TerraTec-Cinergy-HTC-USB-XS-HD
Play.com (UK) : TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD Digital TV Reciever : Computing - Free Delivery
bit doubtful of how good it would be when I bought it but its a fantastic well made device,it also has the added bonus of being a dvb-t tuner.I've always used pci cards and a floppydtv s2 for satellite(the cinergy was my first dvb-c tuner)and TBH I always thought the floppydtv to be overated for the price I paid,and now that sky changed the cards to the white ones its basically a very expensive freesat tuner that I rarely use.The cinergy works a dream with dvbviewer and has captured hours of HD without missing a beat.

Back