pc reboots after 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youve anti spam software on your PC and its picking your posts up. 100% CPU overheating ;)

@akavaboom , I agree with Ferret, your CPU is overheating. This is usually due to a build-up of dust over time that creates a 'blanket' around the CPU, plus the CPU fan will also have a build-up of dust, reducing it's effectiveness of cooling the CPU down. You can buy cans of compressed air to blast the dust away from the CPU and the CPU fan. DON'T USE A VACCUM CLEANER TO REMOVE THE DUST!!! This creates static that could kill your CPU. To check if your CPU is overheating, run this program after an hour to see the CPU temperature:

DOWNLOADING HWMONITOR-PRO_1.35.EXE | CPUID

Compare the temperature of your CPU/CPU cores with what's shown below:

Under 60°C: You’re golden. Nothing to see here.
60-70°C: Running okay, but perhaps a bit warm for stock (check fans/dust)
70-80°C: Maybe okay if you’re overclocking and trying to eke out the last 100MHz, otherwise check cooling fans, dust, and maybe back off the voltage or overclock (if applicable)
80-90°C: Potential for throttling to occur, and about as far as we’d ever want to push a CPU
Over 90°C: Almost certainly throttling, and combined with high voltages could kill a CPU within months to a year or so.

Hope this helps.

Should've looked at the posts 1st @Ferret before my post above...… it does indeed look like it's AmIPostClocking? malware on the PC that's the problem!!
dqxsBtJ.gif

Either your CPU is running hot or your CMOS battery is almost toast. If your computer is half decent and you want to preserve it, I'd go with a Thermaltake Water 3.0 unit.

Just my 2 cent, but you might want to check your PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back