paypal are robbing bas**rds

wazok

Member ++
Reaction score
just sold an item of the fleabay £10 in total.£2 delivery
paypal charged me 54p thats *****n 5.4 % whats going on ???its only 54p but wtf.
gonna try google pay from now on.

just sold an item of the fleabay £10 in total.£2 delivery
paypal charged me 54p thats *****n 5.4 % whats going on ???its only 54p but wtf.
gonna try google pay from now on.

Wait till you sell something of value and you get raped by ebay fees and paypal. Works out £25+

I stopped using ebay because of the fees. They are getting too big for their boots, but they don't care because they know they can get away with it.

@fisal
think of selling an item of xxx amount then subtract 5.4% then fleabay charges ,then paying £2 delivery.it all amounts up costing you near on 10%.(excludind p+p costs)
maybee only 54p
but think about it

Last edited:
It really annoys me that you pay eBay twice. Once to list your item, then a percentage of the final value when you sell it. Outrageous. They should simplify their fee structure. Free listing should be introduced across the board, and FVF percentage should be reduced too. They need some serious competition if you ask me.

ebay is a load of s*it for fees, paypal is a load of s*it for fees, but still have to use them some times...they have a large customer base so they can charge what they want........

Google checkout will be charging from sometime next year. Only ever sold one thing on ebay- never realised they charged you so much!!

i sold my ps3 for 410 on there, they wacked me 25 pounds, 54p is nothing

People who moan about ebay but still continue to use and support it. Makes me laff.

Don't use it! It's a rip off anyhow, my m8 uses it for EVERYTHING. He will send me a link for some tack he's bought off there, then I send him a link for it cheaper from somewhere other than ebay.

The place is a god damn rip off! And ebay themselves rip people off too. Lets all go get ripped off, lets go use Ebay.

Don't use it! It's a rip off anyhow, my m8 uses it for EVERYTHING. He will send me a link for some tack he's bought off there, then I send him a link for it cheaper from somewhere other than ebay.

Really good point T4i. You usually really notice this around Christmas time. I was going to buy perfume for my good lady a couple of years back and just before I went ahead with the sale, I googled the perfume I was away to buy. I found a bigger bottle much cheaper than on eBay and from a reputable store.

eBay is not always the cheapest option!!

As for selling, the fees are steep?

Don't forget that Paypal is owned by Ebay so you're really paying them 3 times!

And then the buyer scams you and says you didn't deliver it and paypal rob you again lol.

gotta agree, by the time you pay for listings and paypal fee's, its not far off 10%.

You can usually shop around and get something for around the same price from a legit shop if your buying but if your selling its still the best way to sell that odd item you dont need any more, ask for a cheque or postal order instead of paypal to cut down on costs.

Last edited:
i gave up selling on ebay over a year ago, i used to have a big shop on there and was selling tons of stuff, then one day sat down and worked out how much i was paying them, added to how much i was paying for the stuff i was selling and closed my shop the same day

robbing fookrs that they are lol, but i still use it every now and then for buying

Really good point T4i. You usually really notice this around Christmas time. I was going to buy perfume for my good lady a couple of years back and just before I went ahead with the sale, I googled the perfume I was away to buy. I found a bigger bottle much cheaper than on eBay and from a reputable store.

eBay is not always the cheapest option!!

As for selling, the fees are steep?

Hi,
the cheapest and best place I found ALL my perfumes waz a superb website, they are VERY cheap and sell only 100% originals. Most on FLEEBAY are fakes so you should avoid.

Im not sure if I can give the website in this post therefore any interested parties just pm me.

and when you sell and buyer pulls out it takes ages to get ya money back of ebay

Back