Pay Pal Leaves the UK

Ph@ntom

Inactive User
Reaction score
We would like to announce important developments affecting all PayPal accounts in the European Union (the "EU").

Currently, PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is the service provider for PayPal in the EU. PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is a UK company regulated and authorised by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK as an electronic money institution. This authorisation enables PayPal to provide its service throughout the EU.

From 2 July 2007, a new PayPal company, PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. (PayPal Luxembourg), will become the service provider for PayPal in the EU. This is a Luxembourg entity regulated as a bank by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), the Luxembourg equivalent of the FSA. PayPal Luxembourg will provide the PayPal service throughout the EU.

Your customer relationship with PayPal
On 2 July 2007, your customer relationship will be automatically transferred from PayPal (Europe) Ltd. to PayPal Luxembourg. This includes your customer relationship as governed by the terms of the PayPal User Agreement and, for applicable UK merchants, the PayPal Website Payments Pro Agreement (collectively, the "Agreements").

To summarise, from 2 July 2007, PayPal (Europe) Ltd. will assign to PayPal Luxembourg all of its right, title, interest, and benefit in and to the Agreements.

New User Agreement and Privacy Policy
We are also pleased to announce that from 2 July 2007, PayPal Luxembourg will issue a new form of the PayPal User Agreement and Privacy Policy. This new version of the User Agreement will be presented in a much more user-friendly manner, and many of the policies currently accessed by hyperlinks, will now form part of the main text of the User Agreement.

Also, the Privacy Policy will reflect that PayPal Luxembourg will be the data controller of your personal information from 2 July 2007 and set out further details of the third parties to whom PayPal Luxembourg will disclose your personal and account information.

For more information about the transition to PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.

If you do not wish to continue your relationship with PayPal, you may close your account at any time by logging in to your account, clicking Profile, and following the instructions from the "Close Account" link. You should make sure you first withdraw the outstanding PayPal balance to your bank account.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal (Europe) Ltd.

hehehe

soundz like they just wanna lose customers if there customer support is anything like bt broadband im sure alot of people will be leaving paypal however now this is being managed by another country does this mean its going to be a tax free account and make it easier to set up internet buisnesses

Customer support? What customer support? Have you visited paypalsucks?

i agree, they dont have customer support it really is absolute zero. They probably chose to leave the uk before they are booted out lol. There must be such a large amount of complaints against them, I'm sure the financial governing body are likely still celebrating the fantastic news! Wont make any difference in reality because they'll still rip us all off, we'll complain and it will still get ignored :).

I agree, a bunch of twits..........
does this mean i can open a new account with them if my present account is in arrears..????

I'm now doing all my purchases with Google, hopefully they'll work out better than paypal - certainly can't be any worse!

I could write a fooking book about Paypal, pal my arse, more like PayBastard.

I could write a fooking book about Paypal, pal my arse, more like PayBastard.

Lol that funny. I just settled with their bailiffs as well. They accepted 75% of the totla I owed them.

heres hoping that googlemoney is better

munkey once you paid paypal off, were you able to use paypal for sending and reciving payment again instantly????????????????????

Lol that funny. I just settled with their bailiffs as well. They accepted 75% of the totla I owed them.

heres hoping that googlemoney is better

Mate, I don't owe them anything, they owe me, and I've got zero chance of getting it back, seller protection my arse! :(

I had one guy buy something from me, he paid with his Credit Card, I posted it using Royal Mail Special Delivery, the guy signed for it, I included my phone number and spoke to the guy on the phone and helped him setup the item he had bought, he then left me glowing positive feedback, then a month later i get an email from paypal saying the buyer has disputed the purchase claiming he did not order it, I sent them my proof of postage complete with a copy of his signature, showed them my feedback........anyway, it was a complete waste of time, I lost my money and my item.

Mate, I don't owe them anything, they owe me, and I've got zero chance of getting it back, seller protection my arse! :(

I had one guy buy something from me, he paid with his Credit Card, I posted it using Royal Mail Special Delivery, the guy signed for it, I included my phone number and spoke to the guy on the phone and helped him setup the item he had bought, he then left me glowing positive feedback, then a month later i get an email from paypal saying the buyer has disputed the purchase claiming he did not order it, I sent them my proof of postage complete with a copy of his signature, showed them my feedback........anyway, it was a complete waste of time, I lost my money and my item.

he is nothing but a scumbag ,but it does happen

Good riddance, hope it goes.

Paypal is crap, they are money theifs, just like ebay.

And how they proved after your evidence m8 that he didnt order the item?

Regards,

Back