Linux @PaulOBrien: This is cool: free RaspberryPi co-location with 100GB traffic on a 100MB

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
Server set up for raspberry in switzerland

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Re: @PaulOBrien: This is cool: free RaspberryPi co-location with 100GB traffic on a 1

can you explain what this is for
thanks

Re: @PaulOBrien: This is cool: free RaspberryPi co-location with 100GB traffic on a 1

can you explain what this is for
thanks

This is a Pi

Raspberry Pi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hosting company is willing to host one for free (I guess you have to pay for the Pi). Many uses like mini web server, or torrent server (probably not allowed) or lots of other uses.

I understand what a rpi is but I just dont get what you would do with it

Does it mean you send the hosting company your pi they plug it in to there net work.
then you get into it remotely and download films etc.
or could I use it as a streaming server

Thats great that it sounds like a nice little project. Forgive me for my ignorance but what would use it for you mentioned a webserver does this mean you would upload your website here and people could access it. Same with torrents would upload files so others could access it.

what other uses are there and what do edis get out of it

I understand what a rpi is but I just dont get what you would do with it

Does it mean you send the hosting company your pi they plug it in to there net work.
then you get into it remotely and download films etc.
or could I use it as a streaming server

Basically you configure the Pi and send it to them. Downloading stuff via NZB or torrents should be fine but don't forget that you are limited to the capacity of the SD card you supply.

Basically you configure the Pi and send it to them. Downloading stuff via NZB or torrents should be fine but don't forget that you are limited to the capacity of the SD card you supply.
You are able to send them a usb memory of any capacity as long as it is within the physical size limitation

You are able to send them a usb memory of any capacity as long as it is within the physical size limitation

I presume as long as it doesn't required external power ? Also I heard that depending on the power source the Pi has problems powering USB powered external hdd.

Should have said usb memory stick

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This is an awesome idea. I wasn't aware such a service existed! My RasPi has been sat on top of my desk waiting for a use since I got it, this could work wonders. Cheers for the heads up :)

Back