Other Password help

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all my brother recently passed away and now my mam has his laptop, however it's password protected. And since he died suddenly and unexpectedly he didn't tell anyone the password.

I know I can reformat and lose everything, however for sentimental reasons my mam would like it keep all the contents if possible for his photos etc.

Is there any way to get around it without reformatting it?

Thinks it's windows 7

Thanks

Unless it is encrypted I think you should be able to access the drive using another OS and extract what you want.

You might want to try a Live Linux.

Of no help to you at all, but very sorry to hear of your brothers death :(

check it out m8

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear M8 :(

On the password front I haven't tried Hirens on Windows 7, the password IS encrypted and can't be read from ANY live CD.

However, this WILL blank it for you - Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

It's a bit cryptic but the defaults are mostly the correct choice and if you get stuck post here and I'll talk you through it :)

Thanks all.

I'm not back up north till the weekend so have a browse at it then and report back :)

Sent from my iPhone using fingers and thumbs!

Just checked @spud1966 video - the Hirens CD uses the same Petter Hagen tool - either should work fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hirens should work mate. download a copy, burn it to disc and boot off it. you may need to change the boot order in BIOS.
the video posted above is very good but if you need help give us shout.

also, once in the laptop, i would recommend backing up stuff onto an external hard drive or something.

should be able to recover password fairly easily

on windows 7

hopefully above info works for you

My daughter forgot her login password and i used a downloaded program which i burnt to disk similar to the info given above so you should easily be able to get it sorted. Saying that it took me a couple of hours to figure it out though lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back