Partitioning hdd on new fujitsu laptop

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Brought my daughter a new fujitsu laptop and have been setting it up for her birthday and as it was coming to the end of loading everything i now get.......please choose how to partition your harddrive

1. One partition covering entire disk
2. Two partitions one system partition covering the remaining capapcity of the harddrive

and ive got 464 gb in a box which i spose i can move up or down

Any ideas please

I don't partition my own as i'm backed up anyway even if it is meant to be faster booting with the o/s on a separate partition,but 60 sounds about ok you just have to remember your programs and updates will grow into this partition so you need to make sure it is big enough to cope with future updates etc and how many and what kind of programs you will be using,i suppose everyone is different but im sure 60 would do me.

Cheers guys all up and running now,just installing the windows updates all 65 of them lol

I would have gone larger on the system partition but no worries 'cos you can download gparted live later and resize them anyways :)

I would have gone larger on the system partition but no worries 'cos you can download gparted live later and resize them anyways :)

60 gigs if fine tbh.... i got a 60 gig ssd for the os win7 64bit and a 500 gig black wd hdd for data.. and ive got 2 games loaded on the ssd and still 10 gigs to play with ;)..... but this is my preference :)

It is M8 but I tend to larger - just my preference if you have a big feck off drive installed. Anyway, no worries, cos you can resize easy later anyway :)

It is M8 but I tend to larger - just my preference if you have a big feck off drive installed. Anyway, no worries, cos you can resize easy later anyway :)

very true.... i might of gone off topic a little tbh... as if i had just one drive installed i wouldnt of partitioned it and just gone with one single partition...

but because i like to fresh install quite often i try and leave my ssd empty so i dont have to keep backing everything up....

How do you resize m8?? using over 45gb of the 70gb already....wish i'd done 100gb now lol

Back