Parking Ticket Advice

Falkirk_Bairn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right, just had a nice letter from Central Ticketing stating that i owe them £85 within 28 days. The reason for issue is "Abused Patron Parking" apparentley. I was parked there at the time but i thought it was free parking, its a car park next to a blockbusters and i didn't go into there so i think it was only for blockbuster customers?

Anyway, the letter states that "Please be aware that a parking ticket was fixed to the above vehicle and has not been paid. The oppertunity to pay a discounted amount has been lost"

However, there was no ticket on my car at the time and i have never heard from them by post until now. I'm sure that day it was very windy and raining heavily so meybe it blew off or something?

The point im trying to make is that can i appeal to them and tell them that i never recieved the ticket and would it be possible to pay the discounted fine?

What a time of the year to get this crap eh?

Cheers.

you will be able to pay the discounted fine, just make sure you tell them that it was never on your car.

you will have to pay it over the phone straight away

I thought only traffic wardens/police and council can issue fines? Yours sounds like an implied contract (by parking there) to adhere to their conditions.

Seek out pepipoo site and citizens' advice section on here.

All traffic wardens (Since being made private) are required to take a photograph of the ticket on the car in situe, ask to see the photograph.

If they don't have it then tell to blow it out their arse :banana:

All traffic wardens (Since being made private) are required to take a photograph of the ticket on the car in situe, ask to see the photograph.

If they don't have it then tell to blow it out their arse :banana:

Ditto, unless they have some record of you being parked there I would tell them to get stuffed.

It's not a fine, it's an invoice.
Not legally enforcable.

My son got 'fined' in Tesco's. I wrote and told them I was driving but they still address the letters to him which means they don't even read them.

Let them do what they want.

Take Edd's advive on look on 'pepipoo'

Cheers for the help guys.

Going to send them a letter asking for proof of the ticket and proof that i did actually abuse patron parking whatever that is lol.

If they still try to enforce this im just going to ignore them. Ive had a good read on the net about this company and they cant really do much if you dont pay them.

Thank fook for that, another £85 at this time of the year wuld kill me!

Back