Pain Relief

PollyPhfiller

Inactive User
Reaction score
I,m thinking of Purchasing a Boots TENS machine,Has anybody had any dealings with one and if so are they any good???

they are very good m8 used one for my tennis elbow just make sure you stick pads in the right place depends on where you have the pain read the manual and don't start on very high settings as you can do more harm than good used it for a while till i got the cortisone injection where your pain BTW

Yes they are good, but do not work for everyone.

My dad has one, and I have tried it. Its a bit bizarre to get used to.

My Moms got one says there the dogs m8, really works. lot of folk she knows swear by em.

I,ve got pain iin my arm between elbow and wrist Its like i,ve tore something in a big way.

what did you do to cause the pain does it hurt when you grip anything or twisting motion stiffness

i would go and see your gp maybe you have damaged your tendon in your arm do you have any of these ibuprofen,naproxen,diclofenac if not just take some strong pain killers till you see your gp hope this helps m8

i would go and see your gp maybe you have damaged your tendon in your arm do you have any of these ibuprofen,naproxen,diclofenac if not just take some strong pain killers till you see your gp hope this helps m8

Cheers for the advice Maca m8

The missus has used one and she said it never helped at all. Glad to see some other members.

Try hot cold shock treatment. You'll need a bowl of water that is very hot and a ice pack. Alternate 60 secs or as much as you can handle. If you skin is turning red the water is hot enough.

My mum has used one for years, and swears by it. She was given it by the hospital and was shown how to use it.

I use one to remove neck pain and I have to be careful to get the pads in the correct place and start on low setting.

TENS machines have been used for quite a while now by people with many different problems...

They work on some, and not on others... as said.

I suffer acute back pain from a car accident in 2002, tens didnt help with me... infact made it a damn sight worse lol !

Only way you will find out is to try it mate, I might even have one here still somewhere if you just wanna buy new pads u can have it lol.

hi mate! yes tens machine are good! i had one for my back and it releived the pain quite well! eventually my missues used it during pregnancy and she found it good also!!

Back