Pace 4010 virgin lost channels

viamphie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ive searched but could not find an answer that fits and hope you can help.

I have a pace4010 on virgin. Running an atmega. This is an old box updated from a fun4 as the fun stopped working quite a while ago.

I used redneck fix from march and created an ext the card seems to be accepted but i only get channels upto 116 all others e.g 144 e4 or 132 paramount are " not available at the moment". Its not a signal problem as i have another box running ok and if i swap them over or take one offfline it makes no difference.

One other quirk is that when the box first starts up it flashes LDR on the display ( blue screen on the tv with computer code) and then ---- on the display again.

It takes a while to find the channels after cycling er11 and er12 which usualy takes about 20 mins.

any help would be great.

thanks

rebooted box and i nolonger get ldr the display now goes through the following:

CYCLES THROUGH NUMBERS.......... PROG...... ERAS........ FLAS...... GOOD

hope this helps

yeh thats the channel it boots to if i remove the red plug.

does this mean anything that it boots to channel 999? just seems like a strange thing to ask if it wasn't relevant

does this mean anything that it boots to channel 999? just seems like a strange thing to ask if it wasn't relevant

Hi,

It means the box is finding an EPG otherwise it may just boot to Ch 0 or not boot at all and just "hang".

What area are you in, pure, ex, tpest, as cycling between err11/12 is usually when the box is looking for a signal to lock on to. Is the box from your area and set to the correct def freq and net id?

Er11_ Unable to Tune to Home Frequency
Er12_ Unable to Tune to any of the last NIT defined frequencies

Have you only just got this box, and, is it only the encrypted channels you cannot receive?

Regards

Muskrat

this box was working ok untill virgin updated and zapped my fun cards. i then transfered to atmega. i used to use this box in the "spare" room, but its been unplugged for about 6months, ive blown the dust off programmed the card and this is where ive got to. im in northants on pure nthell ( now virgin) net id and freq are ok and same as the other box ( working fine)

this box was working ok untill virgin updated and zapped my fun cards. i then transfered to atmega. i used to use this box in the "spare" room, but its been unplugged for about 6months, ive blown the dust off programmed the card and this is where ive got to. im in northants on pure nthell ( now virgin) net id and freq are ok and same as the other box ( working fine)

Ahh, are you using the image from the original fun with the atmega flash, if so your rights dates may be out. If you have trouble with rights dates I have a general 2 tier pure image with the rights dates adjusted.

If you've still got a fun the try the chaos v3 flash https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1446/ I'm in pure and used this flash a couple of hours ago and it AU'ed fine.

Hope this helps

Muskrat

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers il give it ago.......

i think ive lost the plot.

ive obviously done something wrong. ive put that file you suggested into the flash on the atmega and replaced the redneck file from march. kept the ext the same and it no longer recognises the card.

ive messed up haven't i ???:silly:

Last edited:
The Chaos V3 flash file is used in fun cards, not atmegas.

If you want to use an atmega you should use the Ape file, I personally find funs easier to work with but each to his own

ahhhh i see i'll do that tonite when i get in thanx

ive searched but i cant find anything about an ape file in the forums or downloads... any chance you could point me in the right direction... much apreciated thanx

ive searched but i cant find anything about an ape file in the forums or downloads... any chance you could point me in the right direction... much apreciated thanx

Hi,

I've just tried one of these flash files https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2075/ on an ATMEGA in pure and it AU'ed ok, a little slow, but works.

If you've still got a fun then try the chaos v3 flash https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1446/

Hope this helps

Muskrat

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou Thankyou um thankyou

Loaded the file updated straight away..... need to activate pin in order to get movies aparently but im not that bothered.

Thanks again Muskrat star player

sorry i missed the original post for the chaos v3 file but i thought it was for a fun only not atmega......

Thankyou Thankyou um thankyou

Loaded the file updated straight away..... need to activate pin in order to get movies aparently but im not that bothered.

Thanks again Muskrat star player

sorry i missed the original post for the chaos v3 file but i thought it was for a fun only not atmega......

Hi,

Your welcome mate, glad you got sorted.

Just to reiterate the chaos v3 is just for funcards, atmega's use a different flash to get the job done.

Activating the pin is easy enough too.

Regards

Muskrat

Back