pace 1000 displaying zero

storm

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys got a pace 1000 that was stuck on 88.88 for a few weeks, once a week i connect it up to see if it will pace. when i turn it on now it paces and tunes to channel 0 . does this box need surgery or can it be fixed. and for some reason i cant get into the engineers menu any ideas guys

thanks in advance ,ive searched the tuts but nothing really conclusive :Cheers:

IF you can't get into the eng. menu, it could be stuck waiting for an update - if the netid has been lost, you may need a test simm to set the netid and get the box to take the sw update.

hi m8 pull red jumper reset net id with libby and let it update and reset pin but not 0000 :)

This could be a number of things, either the dumps on the atmels are corupted (thats why it gave an 8888 error code) in which case they will need reflashing,(I doubt this is because you have got it to boot up "pace")
or the simm wasn't in properly or needs the contacts cleaning I doubt this as it will usually give you an error 2 message amoungst your problems
Or
The box has got a bit too hot over a long period and dried the solder joints out on the atmel chips so they are not connecting properly, (This is my best guess)
The box may power up ok for a while but as soon as it gets toasty again you'll get 8888 again, in which case the atties will need a reflow.
The test simm may not be needed as yet because you can boot the box up.
Try doing a forced update (4321) on it first and see if you can get into the Engineers Menu if not get in there by doing (2321) instead.
once you have got in the EM check the net id and freq' is correct and force an update (4321).
if it keeps defaulting to 09999's net id then check the bat' is giving enough voltage, anything above 2.9V is ok but if its below 2.8V that could be the problem and you will need to replace it ok.
I hope this helps you.
Clive.

justy a quicky where abouts are the amtels in the box, ive always wondered but never known.....any one got a pic?

The yellow rectangle shows the mainboard atties on a ph1b which is basically the same on a 1000 ok.
Clive.

Back