Sample client entry

[account]
user = tim
pwd = tim
group = 1
cccmaxhops = 0
cccreshare = 0

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

My problem lies in the reader section, I don't know what to edit in there, it just says idle with no caid and when I open it no ident

Sample oscam.server file

[reader]
label =
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
blockemm-u = 0
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1
blockemm-unknown = 1
emmcache = 1,3,2
group = 1
caid =

I was getting more or less same error until changed to different oscam an worked

My problem lies in the reader section, I don't know what to edit in there, it just says idle with no caid and when I open it no ident

Are you sure the card is the right way round and in the correct slot,if your box has two?

Are you sure the card is the right way round and in the correct slot,if your box has two?

:Laugh:

It was the wrong slot, different one to my cccam it see's it now and I am clearing :proud:

so now I need to edit in my client info in the server file, should be fun lol

No clients go in the user file. People with lines from YOU in user. Lines from others in server.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

:Laugh:

It was the wrong slot, different one to my cccam it see's it now and I am clearing :proud:

so now I need to edit in my client info in the server file, should be fun lol

Your clients go in oscam.user as per my example above,

Any incoming shares go into oscam.server as another reader,

Also don't forget to enable dvbapi in oscam.conf and put a matching client in oscam.user if you are using the server box as a viewing box also :)

Oh and enable Cccam protocol in oscam.conf using the same port you used in Cccam

I am still dancing that I am still alive mate :Cheers:

Will have a go at adding everything else later but I think I can work it out from this thread, hopefully can get key files running with this too.
Also do I just follow some of Napsters thread to add incoming shares, they need running through a convertor do they>

I am still dancing that I am still alive mate :Cheers:

Will have a go at adding everything else later but I think I can work it out from this thread, hopefully can get key files running with this too.
Also do I just follow some of Napsters thread to add incoming shares, they need running through a convertor do they>

Thats up to yourself m8,I would never use a third party convertor,but it does seem to work,

Doing it manually is not that hard and best learnt if you have or want to have more then one incoming share :)

On another note I have edited out certain small info in some of the post just to keep this thread generic and not draw attention ;)

I've just gone from mgcamd to oscam with newcamd on my box, this is as a client only, is there any truth to the fact that oscam would give a better service as from what I've seen it seems to be the same as running just mgcamd.

I've just gone from mgcamd to oscam with newcamd on my box, this is as a client only, is there any truth to the fact that oscam would give a better service as from what I've seen it seems to be the same as running just mgcamd.

just gone over to oscam myself and only difference I see is it clears the channels that CCam don't (something to do with inverted keys so I have been told)

2 of my client boxes have gone over to Oscam and are reporting faster channel zapping (Oscam as server).

2 of my client boxes have gone over to Oscam and are reporting faster channel zapping (Oscam as server).

my channels are slower at clearing is there a setting to speed them up.

Not sure mate, the server is using a version of Oscam ymod, I want to put Oscam in a couple of other boxes so I will see how they go.

just gone over to oscam myself and only difference I see is it clears the channels that CCam don't (something to do with inverted keys so I have been told)

I never had probs with any channels that I knew about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Is there a step by step tutorial of how to install oscam.
Is it generally deemed better than ccam?
can it be used with n/c
once installed do you need to do anything else.

Back