Oscam install

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I am paired to a Thomo box and premiums are clearing in said box, now I am told that installing oscam can possibly solve my problem. There are a few available through ts panel for the vu solo 2 but what is the revision I need, I am told its build 9 but it's a little unclear which is which.
Any help here much appreciated as the kids rooms have no telly :Kickassro

Ok I am paired to a Thomo box and premiums are clearing in said box, now I am told that installing oscam can possibly solve my problem. There are a few available through ts panel for the vu solo 2 but what is the revision I need, I am told its build 9 but it's a little unclear which is which.
Any help here much appreciated as the kids rooms have no telly :Kickassro

OK so first install any version of oscam through ts panel,usually marked as 1.20,you can then, once its installed,download the latest version from the official oscam download site,
then stop oscam and ftp over the extracted oscam binary file overwriting the one on the box :)

Oscam is installed and i have oscvam svn9275 binaries downloaded, where do I copy that over to wiz ?

usr/spftcams ?

It has also given me a file called list_smargo

Vix 3.0 I think

I have copied over the latest revision in usr/softcams, although would like to know how you check the build in filezilla :)

Vix 3.0 I think

I have copied over the latest revision in usr/softcams, although would like to know how you check the build in filezilla :)

You can check it in the oscam webif once its running,did you chmod 755 the new oscam binary?

If so then try entering your boxes ip address followed by :8888

Filezilla won't tell you the build version. I only mentoned it for the purposes of finding the file. See attachment.

The web interface of oscam will tell you the version number. Starting it from telnet will also do the same.

On Vix images, the softcam binaries are located in /usr/softcams as you have desribed above. You don't need installers/scripts. Just drop the binary to usr/softcams/ and chmod 755. Transfer configs and you can start the cam. I am only mentioning this as I presume you have installed TSpanel to assist in installing cams. TSpanel does not get along with PLI/ViX images. Some people are fine with it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 40
Ok, my linux knowledge is limited and I have never so much as touched on oscam in my life, all i know so far is I have 3 files, oscam.conf .server .user, I have not edited any of these files they have installed to /etc when I downloaded the latest version of oscam earlier. The binary is ftp'd to usr/softcams and chmodded to 755 but I have no idea where to enter the boxes ip and even into which file. I am what you call a oscam virgin.

Enter the IP into your web browser followed by :8888 and see if it opens the web info page

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

Doesn't open the web info page but I do have cccam running and leaving off the :8888 opens web if, I have started oscam in my cam manager.

Are you using the tspanel cam manager or Vix cam manager? May not be calling same file.

WHat are contents of oscam.conf with regards to webif?

Are you using the tspanel cam manager or Vix cam manager? May not be calling same file.

WHat are contents of oscam.conf with regards to webif?

I use the vx manager, there are 2 sets of files one set of config files in /etc and another set in in /etc/tuxbox/config.

I dont know how to see the oscam.conf file in webif.

The normal location of oscam config files are /etc/tuxbox/config/

The oscam.conf file is the configuration. It will tell you the webif port.

Stop it from softcam manger and then start using telnet

/usr/softcams/oscam

Ah yea found the port and its now connected me, after digging the password out of the config file lol, lotys of stuff I dont understand but i can see it, failing to open the card.
2014/01/11 22:00:23 77106E10 r xxxxx [internal] ERROR: Opening device /dev/sci0 (errno=16 Device or resource busy)
2014/01/11 22:00:23 77106E10 r xxxxx [internal] Cannot open device: /dev/sci0

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yea found the port and its now connected me, after digging the password out of the config file lol, lotys of stuff I dont understand but i can see it, failing to open the card.

Make sure Cccam is not running when doing any of this otherwise it will take over and skew your results ;)

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

I will have at it tomorrow, Mrs gasman is watching Lois Theroux :Kickassro I am getting in trouble, at least I now have a starting point :)

hi guys
I was just trying to install oscam on my dream box an done everthing an now no channels clearing.
getting these errors on 192.:8888

2014/01/11 22:50:05 [DVBAPI] Demuxer #0 impossible to descramble PID #0 CAID xxxx PROVID 000000 ECMPID 0513 PMTPID 0000 (NO MATCHING READER)
2014/01/11 22:50:05 [DVBAPI] Demuxer #0 impossible to descramble PID #1 CAID xxxx PROVID 000000 ECMPID 0513 PMTPID 0000 (NO MATCHING READER)

any tips will appreciated
many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorted guys
Tried different oscam files an connect straightaway.
By the way can som1 tell me how to add oscam user or nline???
Thanks

I have been trying to get mine working, I have access to the webif page but i am unsure as to what to edit.

Back