Orange Monte Carlo

CrazyFool

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ay up Fellas,
wanted to discuss the Monte Carlo aka ZTE Skate.
whats the verdict on this phone then? and does anybody own one?

Is it as good value for money as the san francisco?
Cheapest I can see is 120 quid from orange plus they want another tenner for top up, but i already have a contract with them so i dunno.

Cheers,
CrazyFool

Its a great phone for the money, no unlock for it just now tho , unless you've had it for 3 months then its £20 from orange,
I'm using an HTC Desire but as soon as an unlock for it I'm going to get one ,just fancy the bigger screen

Cant afford a Smasung Galaxy S2 and quite used to my OSF but would it be worth upgrading to the OMC?

Cant afford a Smasung Galaxy S2 and quite used to my OSF but would it be worth upgrading to the OMC?
If your in the market for a new phone , I would go for it , havent seen any bad reviews for it yet and the big screen looks tasty, its just the unlock thats putting me off

Just had a look over on modaco and it can now be unlocked by using an x-sim (£4 from ebay)
and it looks like actual unlock might not be far away

Last edited:
Its the unlock thats holding me back too :)

The fooker on ebay put the price up as soon as it was confirmed that the turbo xsim worked,
price went from £3.79 to £8.79

I love my SanFran (ok it's a ZTE Blade now really) but the Monte Carlo seems to add a better camera & larger screen for an extra 20 quid? Looks like a winner to me.
HH.

So finally got my OMC ordered,
hopefully will be here on Monday, perfect as i'm away all weekend.

if anybody is interested, if you go through quidco they'll give you 20 quid cashback and you get a 25 quid orange prepaid card which is the equivalent of a mastercard to use in any store that accepts mastercard. so it effectively works out at 85

be nice to get a referral if anybody does not already have a quidco account, be surprised if many of you haven't got one already... saved 90 odd quid this year alone :)

Quidco - The UK's No.1 Cashback & Voucher Codes Site

Come Watson... To Monte Carlo!

Got my Turbosim yesterday and get my OMC tomorrow , hopefully sim will unlock it, seems to be a bit hit & miss

got my monte yesterday and just opened the box.

had no idea it would be so damn big!!!

what's the crack with rooting it or whatever its called?

i have no idea what rooting even does, just know that all the cool kids are doing it so naturally need to know, being the sheep that i am...

Crazy

feck me,
fantastic service from orange.
dropped a plate on my carlo and sliced my screen, rang them up and they happily delivered a new one to me within 12 hours...
can't complain.

alright guys,
rooted the feck out of my phone.

but i miss some of the chunky orange apps :(

namely gestures, and the email app by orange (i think its more functional than the android one)

how do i get these back?

Cheers,
CrazyFool

Back