open image??

luckyroverbill

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know this is basic stuff, (doe) but how do i get an img file out of a zip...when it keeps telling me 'error' 'Winzip only supports img files that are in ISo format. If i try and drag it to Flash Wizard i get the message 'the file is too large for flash memory'....

Right click the file and select extract here should work. Try using winrar

Thank you might be going one level too many and are trying to open the .img

Hi ferret, there is no option to 'extract here' only useful option is open with.
Right click the file and select extract here should work. Try using winrar

Thank you might be going one level too many and are trying to open the .img

Back to the start then.

Are we taking about a Dreambox iamge in a .img format that is currently in rar or zip format

If that the case maybe the zip or rar is corrupt .

yeh were talking about the commando img in downloads, iv'e downed it a couple of times now from here but if its working for others it can't be corrupt..
Back to the start then.

Are we taking about a Dreambox iamge in a .img format that is currently in rar or zip format

If that the case maybe the zip or rar is corrupt .

tried that m8, just get 'the image file is either damaged or corrupt'
Update, followed exact proceedure with Pli image, extracted and loaded in 1. minute and 18 seconds, so what my computer is telling me is probably right. Although would like to try the Commando image sometime in the future.

Update, followed exact proceedure with Pli image, extracted and loaded in 1. minute and 18 seconds, so what my computer is telling me is probably right. Although would like to try the Commando image sometime in the future.

Mate ive no idea why you having the unzipping hassle but hate to see a member struggling so ive uploaded a unzipped version of the commando image here for you.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Very nice of you to help a fellow member in distress, Ferret, but I think you'll confuse the poor lad even more by dishing him up with last year's C14.6 instead of the 27 Jan 2013 C14.7 LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

Only one I could find mate, maybe you can give him the later file.

Only one I could find mate, maybe you can give him the later file.

I think Rat has been having a springclean, coz C14.7 ain't very eazy to find here on DWZ anymore, m8. It's accessible from the downloads Tab at the top, not from DM500 Images downloads (where one might expect to find it, LOL!)

Wiz? Can you help sort that one out please, as it was you who originally upped C14.7 on here, yeah?

Commando 14.7 DM500 - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Cheers- AL ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rat has been having a springclean, coz C14.7 ain't very eazy to find here on DWZ anymore, m8. It's accessible from the downloads Tab at the top, not from DM500 Images downloads (where one might expect to find it, LOL!)

Wiz? Can you help sort that one out please, as it was you who originally upped C14.7 on here, yeah?

Commando 14.7 DM500 - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Cheers- AL ;)

That file is rar format, for what ever reason old version of WinRAR whatever but hes unable to unrar.

The purpose of my out of date upload was a to upload a file that was not in rar format just the raw .img

Cheers- AL ;)

You mean like that?

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/299164/

Lol its been there since I uploaded it,

every upload to the download section at the top of the page automatically puts a link to the upload in the relevant section

Also worth saying that everybody should be using 7zip,extracts all formats,and its free :)

Wiz- I clicked your link but got this m8:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

:confused:

That's strange AL as another member also reported the link as dead but it works fine here,

What skin do you use AL?

Back