ondemand player

nistleboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
has anyone got this working on a dm800 or se and if so what image you are using.i have a dm800se and getting nowhere.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
no i think he means the on demand pack which is different to bbc and itv player......

think it has 3player and 4od and 5od ect

oh okay..never heard of that one..

yes meltic thats what im after mate thanks for claryfying.

There is one doing the rounds elsewhere,which I managed to install,but it was a bit of a ballache ,and then only the Irish players would work for me

I've got it to work on a DM800 using Gjstroom's patched PLI image. A bit of fuffing about though unless you download the correct version.I don't have enogh posts omn te other forum LOL. One of the the devixed OE 1.6 version had the wrong version of python dependencies. It is confusing as they are both named the same and the latter one does not have the dependencies. Anyway I installed the following ipks as well as the plugin ipks:

python-compression_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-html_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-shell_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-zlib_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk

I then transferred the following files to all three versions of Python folders found at /usr/lib/
htmlentitydefs.pyo
HTMLParser.pyo
markupbase.pyo

Not the proper way of doing it, but works for me. You are limited to 06/03/2013 as after this date the OE version went to the sidebar version which depends on other skin features not available to software on our versions of receivers. It had 3, BBC, ITV, RTE players. Joys of clones!

Last edited:
I've got it to work on a DM800 using Gjstroom's patched PLI image. A bit of fuffing about though unless you download the correct version.I don't have enogh posts omn te other forum LOL. One of the the devixed OE 1.6 version had the wrong version of python dependencies. It is confusing as they are both named the same and the latter one does not have the dependencies. Anyway I installed the following ipks as well as the plugin ipks:

python-compression_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-html_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-shell_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk
python-zlib_2.5.1-ml4_mipsel.ipk

I then transferred the following files to all three versions of Python folders found at /usr/lib/
htmlentitydefs.pyo
HTMLParser.pyo
markupbase.pyo

Not the proper way of doing it, but works for me. You are limited to 06/03/2013 as after this date the OE version went to the sidebar version which depends on other skin features not available to software on our versions of receivers. It had 3, BBC, ITV, RTE players. Joys of clones!

We must have been following each other around lol,
That's more or less exactly the same procedure I followed :)

thanks wiz and abu i think ill leave it. seems an amazing pluging might have to look at this vu box seems to work on that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Back