old firm down south

O

oggie

After reading about celtic and the other lot could be heading down south im just wondering how people down there feel about it,do you really want all the agro that will follow and it will follow them,people from the west of scotland will know what i mean ....

hi m8,
i think if the old firm end up playing in any division down south,i think there will me a ban on away fans either going south or coming up north , coz is will end up with the wrong headlines!
owenzy.
:confused:

no m8 tell me what you mean celtic suppoters are known throughout the world as being well behaved friendly fans ....its the english fans that have a bad repatation....and most fans who would travel down to england would be season ticket holders so any trouble makers could easly be traced :mad: :mad: :(

i agree m8 the english fans are far worse than us scots on the whole we are well behaved there is a small minority of morons supporting the old firm and i believe it is only a small minority in saying that i think most english fans are ok ,and with proper stewarding it shoundt be much of a problem as it might never happen , i would like it to happen mind you as its getting a bit stale up here as its only us or celtic who will win anything .

Anyone who thinks there would be no trouble between
the Old Firm fans and english fans is getting themselves. You just have to look at the behaviour of both sets of old firm fans at recent european away matchs, particularly Celtic in Amsterdam.
Being a Rangers supporter i know full well that a minority section of our support organises violent confrontations with rival fans. A friend of mine is associated to one of these groups and some of the stuff they get upto is unbelieveble. And only recently Millwall had to cancel a pre-season tour of Scotland as the clubs they were to play blanched at the thought of the Millwall fans coming up.
You may think i am being a touch over dramatic but the exposure that would arise from Rangers and Celtic moving to England is the very thing these people crave and for the first few months at least I would expect there to be major skirmishes, at least till the 'novelty' wore off.
Personally I would love to see the two Glasgow clubs move to Englannd. Either that or I would take the very drastic action of reducing the number of clubs in Scotland to 10 or 12. Obviously Rangers and Celtic would be 2 of them. For the others I would merge the smaller teams together so hopefully creating bigger clubs ie merger the Dundee clubs and St Johnstone, all the Edinburgh teams + Dunfermline and Raith, Ayr+Kilmarnock+Morton+St Mirren etc. But thats a totally different subject.

yeah mad malky im a rangers fan and i think we would enhance the premiership as some of there games are crap we would defo finish in top half of leauge its just a pity as there would be a lot of trouble when the old firm beats them .

the celtic fans were attacked in amsterdam.... i was involved in this stuff years ago (i know but i was young and very daft ) CSC kick to kill ....**** i was an arse hole. had to grow up but came to ireland wised up to myself ....malky how do you know pm ...dont post names ..somtimes wonder what the old crew are up too how many ended up in jail ,dead ,or like me moved grew up and had families. i have my wife to thank she made me see what i was like.....but thing have changed people that do these thing are old men getting young ones dont want to be involved in these activies (thank god) had to leave a pub last time i went home some people have a long memory...but i think the only trouble with the old firm going own south would be trying to get tickerts for the games :eek: :eek:

Unless the policing methods are different in scotland, anyone who even drinks in the wrong pub will have been vidoed to death by the football liason officers. Simple communication between English and Scottish police will keep a lid on things.

Countryboy has already touched on ticket allocation, season ticket holders first, then share holders with x amount of shares, then share holders with less than x amount of shares, then half season ticket holders blah blah blah. By the time tickets get anywhere near general sale there's none left.

And for those who are ready to blame the English for something that hasn't happend yet, and you know who you are, Aldo, Countryboy, except for the odd Lewisham/Deptford civil war when was the last time you saw trouble at English club matches?

Back