Offer to access my test usenet indexing site

Had it hooked up to Sickbeard and working a treat. Really impressed and appreciate the hard work time gone into it mate.

I have CouchPotato hooked up as well but the films on the list are way ahead in the future for BR rip.
cheers again!

Should this thread me moved to VIP - rather than a potentially public non-reg viewing?

Just to add as well, the site is super! Works really well mate.

If you want to but I'm OK with it being here form the time being. In the mean time there are some exciting changes happening soon which will involve some downtime.

Will sound out an email when its required.

Also to remind people to use the search function if automated loads are not working as there is still a lot of hashed stuff coming through. Your day to day TV prongs should be fine. If you are having problems with any particular show then drop me a email.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Please be aware that for the second day in a row Virgin Media have decided to dig up the road and internet is down again. Their service desk is telling me that it should be back around 4pm.

In case you haven't noticed there has been a couple of changes.

After all the problems I had after power failure and VM knocking out my internet connection, I believe the site has been fairly stable for the last week or so.

I've rushed through the migration to the new server. In case you are wondering,
Old server - HP ML110 G5 with a dual core Intel Xeon 3065 with 4GB RAM running Windows 2008 R2. Storage was via Dell PERC 5i RAID controller and indexing site was on a Corsair CSSD-F80GB2-A 80GB SSD.

New server - Quad core with HT Xeon 1230v2 with 32GB RAM running Windows 2012 Server (what a terrible interface). Currently the O/S sites on a 500GB HDD with indexing site on a 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

In terms of performance, the various stages of processing of 1 hour worth of headers is,

Number of groups checked is 125

Old New
download headers 52 min 15 min
Pattern match 3.5 min 1.5 min
Put into releases 1.7 min 1 min
Insert in DB 3 min 1 min
Look up NFO/RAR 25.3 min 15 min

Also I have started filtering out foreign posting as nobody is downloading them and it cuts out around 30% of posts and dropped download header time to around 12 minutes.

Finally I have done a back fill of a.b.ebook.magazines that somebody requested so there should be some useful stuff there (it mostly shows up as e-books).

There are some more updates coming once I have more time, will keep you updated as they happen.

Thats great. Really appreciate all your hard work :)

Just done an application upgrade.

- New look
- Improved parsing
- Quicker

And finally added supported for RSS feeds for groups.

So for example you can now get a RSS feed for a.b.e-book.magazines, if you check the latest status e-mail, it has instructions on how to set this up.

thanks oneman its very good of you to let us use your index, great work, thank you

Back