Offer to access my test usenet indexing site

Sorry I'm being a muppet, I can only see 0.2.3p, where are you getting these patches from?

Check your SVN manager. They are now on patch 2745 which I was testing this morning and fixed the problem I was having last week. If testing is OK today I will apply the updates tonight.

Sorry I'm being a muppet, I can only see 0.2.3p, where are you getting these patches from?

go to the folder newznab then type "svn diff -r BASE:HEAD" this will tell you what it going to change when you are happy then do "svn update"

this may not work if you did not install using svn ,i had to backup my covers and nzb then install with svn then put them all back before this would work

I am using turtle SVN and that integrates with Windows Explorer. All I need to do is right click the nnplus folder and export the lastest updates using HEAD option.

runme.bat automatically applies database updates as they are released.

2693, the big update was slightly different as I had to delete a few things and update some ini files, details for windows servers here

http://www.newznabforums.com/index.php?topic=356.msg2590#msg2590

Managed to finally update to the latest SVN release.

I'm still running the old version in parallel and the newer system is picking up a few extra releases and is doing a better job with hash releases. It also using a little less resource so I will keep an eye on for a week or so and if the server is still OK then I may add console releases next week and do a bit of back fill.

strange, svn wasn't working the other day, which is why i was asking so much.

@ version 2746 now.

strange, svn wasn't working the other day, which is why i was asking so much.

@ version 2746 now.

Damm, looks like a bunch of nntp related changes. Might roll that out to dev tomorrow. Give people a chance to do some testing.

On a side note, newznabforums is now looking for donations as it seems to be generating too much traffic though $1k a year sounds too expensive for simple forum.

Damm, looks like a bunch of nntp related changes. Might roll that out to dev tomorrow. Give people a chance to do some testing.

On a side note, newznabforums is now looking for donations as it seems to be generating too much traffic though $1k a year sounds too expensive for simple forum.

It is. I used GoDaddy to host a forum some time ago, cost me about £40 a year, including the domain registration, that was before they started to offer unlimited bandwidth and databases.

It does however depend on what they are doing, they may have a front end forum but are paying for actual server space, which again, done that before and can be significantly more expensive.

The issue is, that they shouldn't be passing on that cost when the real monetary cost could be a lot less. Running a server when all they need is a hosting service is their choice, not their users.

I suspect he is using the same server space for a newznab install.

Last edited:
oneman thank you for letting me try your indexing site but i find i have the same problem as with othere sites i managed to get the lasted Supernatural from you but i was getting no d/l with 10 or 11 i did think befor that my powerusernet was getting bloked so can anyone till me if i finish with that one is there one now that is still working

oneman thank you for letting me try your indexing site but i find i have the same problem as with othere sites i managed to get the lasted Supernatural from you but i was getting no d/l with 10 or 11 i did think befor that my powerusernet was getting bloked so can anyone till me if i finish with that one is there one now that is still working

Have you got the post name, i'll see if I can download it

just try this one and its the same for me
Supernatural.S08E11.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION

but i dont think its your end but if you want to try i i will no i have to get a beter server

i thoght we had 15 days or so with virgin media one news.virginmedia.com but both that and my other one is getting nothing

i thoght we had 15 days or so with virgin media one news.virginmedia.com but both that and my other one is getting nothing

Virgin media retention is actually 30 days. Retention is not the problem, the posts you are requesting have been DMCA'ed. You need to get in there quick, within an hour or two of posting if possible though sometimes they may stay up for a few days, especially if the subject title is hashed.

Just checked one of the supernatural s08e12 and that worked OK though I don't know for how much longer.

You could try another provider but the slowest ones to react to DMCA notice are european based and they are expensive and not always the quickest or best propagation. You could try somebody like tweeknews.

thanks for your time and help there oneman its gettting were we dont need the 1500 days retention that servers give you as most of it will be DMCA befor its there that long but at lest i know its not my sever but i dont see much point in paying for one now as the 30 days Virgin media retention should cover most stuff that you want now

Server seems stable with the new release so I've upped everyone's download allowance from 10 to 100 NZB per day and API calls from 10 to 1000.

This may have been stopping sickbeard from working correctly.

Forgot to add, I have enable the option to switch covers on and off in your profile.

Note, if you have them switched on then only releases with cover information will be displayed.

After a lot of work at the weekend it should now be looking inside of nfo and Rar files for release details which means it has been better at catching hashed releases.

So for example if you look at the following,

http://rvis.homedns.org:8090/details/bf5da3e2b45e7d05134400b5eff7e997

release name appears as UFC.on.Fuel.Tv.Barao.vs.McDonald.16th.Feb.2013.HDTV.720p-Sir
, but if you look at actual release name its dVRHdXe11iJSgkz - "dVRHdXe11iJSgkz but the indexer looked at the rar contents and correctly renamed it.

So some UFC worked fine last night / this morning. Will keep an eye on it during the week, especially with releases like arrow which are always hashed. If its OK then I activate some extra groups next weekend.

If the release rename are not working then indexing is pretty good and you should be able to find latest releases via Search function which may return some hashed results. But if you check release details then either in RAR filelist or nfo it should have the correct release name.

I've switch on Apps, music and console groups yesterday. And also dropped release size to 10MB minimum.

So looking stable but getting a lot of unknown matches. Working with a couple other guys on the development forum to try and pick those up.

In the mean time, the hashed releases seemed to be getting renames fairly well and not to blow my own trumpet but my new new movie and TV releases are as good as any site I have seen in public.

If you want access then follow the instructions in the first post.

Thanks. Yes the renames seem to be working well and picking up episodes much better now.

Back