Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NTHELL & Newsgroups

mobad

Inactive User
Ok I want to use newsgroups to get the most from the 10meg.
What is the program and settings I need. I have tried newsbin pro and so far failed.
Any ideas pls?

02/16/2006 23:11:09 MSG=Error: 0x80002000 - Lost.S02E14.HDTV.XviD-LOL - earlpower lick my nads [01/35] - "lost.214.hdtv-lol.nfo" yEnc (1/1): Unspecified Download Error - Retrying
02/16/2006 23:11:09 SERVER=news.ntlworld.com, MSG=SendCommand - failed response: 411 No Such Group "alt.binaries.tv"

Current error im getting in newsbin pro

Last edited:
Free newserver dont have access to all the newsgroups available, so best thing to do is sign up with a premium provider. I use Newshosting.com and never had any problems and its only $14.99 a month.

I download using NTL news groups using Grabit. you can get anything and everthing from this news group.

and its quick. Ive been using this news group for years, and its easy to set up.

you can download Grabit Free but if you need to search using the inbuilt engine then you have to pay. But i could give you via email a username and password that tec support give out.

Hope this helps

Hi srooth i also use grabbit!! can you plz pm me a username & password 4 the search that would be great m8!!!:Cheers:

Griz

NewsbinPro is great coupled with w**.newzbin.com for the nzb files also you need to subscribe to a good news server I use W**.easynews.com

Hey srooth.
you say you get almost anything from the ntl news server or do you pay somewhere along the line.
I've got a real reluctance to pay for anything!!
Thats why we are all on here to a ceratin extent after all!
I've tried ntl with newbinz ?? I think and although it was super fast all i seemed to be able to get was a few odd movies and Russian gynaecological students?
Those poor students?? They were so badly underfunded they had to practice for their exams on themselves?

i also am very interested what to do with these newsgroups and how much they cost could anyone give me a better insight what to do and where to go how much etc.....

thanks guys

Hi all

the cost of useing NTL newsgroups are free and put it this way i download the top 40 album charts from this every weekend to keep upto date. Films and DVD's.

You need to download Grabit. When downloaded you will need to connect to a server - Type news.ntlworld.com, the port - 119.

Then all you do is select the server you have created and the hit the subcribe at the top of the page. you may have to do this a couple of time to connect.

When you have connected then in the all Groups tab on the right hand pane, you will se all the Groups.

Then best ones are the Alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete_cds, any of the alt.binaries are the best.

You can search via the inbuilt search engine - you will need to put the password in as this is what you have to pay for. but i have an engineers password.

This i can email you.

Hope this helps and you gain loads of free stuff - CD's, movies, applications etc.

srooth .
I rember i have tried grab it. It was a little bit more confusiing than newbinz.
I couldn't seem to find anything really decent though.
Also i strated getting the hang of the par files,but is it common to get corrupted files.
All i used to se was folks asking for the files they had missing.
And is your offer for a user name and password open to all of us.
If not let the first bloke have it,but if yes i put dibs on the second one.
Cheers.

Thx srooth works a treat m8!!:Cheers: oh yea to name750 you do sometimes get incomplete files with the free server but at the end of the day they are free so i cant complain!!!

Griz

im using newsgroups now its better to pay but this will do for now i have other sources for my stuff anyways ;) :CHeers:

any incomplete files that are RAR files, as long as you have all the PARS you can use some free software called Quick PAR this fill fix any bad downloads, and repair the Missing RARS

when it comes to news servers,there is no substitute for a good pay server..sure your isp news server is free,but all free servers suck..they never have good retention,always has missing parts,and they have far far less available newsgroups..i've got an unlimited giganews account for $24/month(us dollars) and i can download as many gigs as i please with 10 connections..giganews has over 100,000 newsgroups,awsome retention,and obviously enough bandwidth to max out your connection..i let a couple friends use my giganews acct/login so they could download a couple dvd's and they were amazed by how awsome it is..i think giganews is great and have no complaints,but there are several other good providers...

2dles said:
when it comes to news servers,there is no substitute for a good pay server..sure your isp news server is free,but all free servers suck..they never have good retention,always has missing parts,and they have far far less available newsgroups..i've got an unlimited giganews account for $24/month(us dollars) and i can download as many gigs as i please with 10 connections..giganews has over 100,000 newsgroups,awsome retention,and obviously enough bandwidth to max out your connection..i let a couple friends use my giganews acct/login so they could download a couple dvd's and they were amazed by how awsome it is..i think giganews is great and have no complaints,but there are several other good providers...

Indeed... I use newshosting and have 40day retention with no download limits. Did start out using NTL newserver then quickly realised it is worth paying for all the extra groups and extra retention... Never looked back since been with my provider for almost 2 years!

ntl is ok to grab some stuff but you cant access the good groups like a.b.dvd etc and the retention is only a few days. I've signed up to giganews with over 100,000 newsgroups and 62 day retention, costs $24.99 month for unlimited download with the first gig free. Download a full dvd movie in just over an hour!!! In the last couple of days i've grabbed walk the line, chicken little, munich, bb mountain, Zathura, Memoirs Of A Geisha etc etc and all are retail dvd or dvd screeners. No crap svcd converted to divx converted to dvd - all pucka stuff.
Sign up using this link and giganews they will deduct $5 from your first month http://www.giganews.com/?c=gn28174

Back