CD & DVD nrg

S

samson301

Hi can anyone tell me how to get a .nrg back to a format that can be watched in a dvd player, I downloaded a film in this format and nero will put it on cd for me but I am unable to do anything with it what am I missing!!! thanks.:confused:

What burn options did you use to burn the .nrg file Samson ?

To burn a .nrg file using Nero:

Go to File > Burn image, which brings up a wizard which will burn the .nrg image back to whatever it was, VCD, MPG Etc...:)

Thanks Spectre managed to do that, however now I have another problem, I have downloaded an application winoncd and this has come down as an iso file and I am stumped to find out how to convert it to a useable program any Idea's thanks. samson301

Samson, an iso file is like an image of the disc, just like an nrg or bin & cue file, but by another name.
However, to the best of my knowledge you'll need CDRwin to burn the iso file to disc. I'm not too aufait with Nero as yet, I think it will burn iso's but I haven't done it myself. The same goes for Easy CD. Have a look at your Nero, see what options it gives you.

having just looked at Nero web, it says it supports iso files, you'll probably need to read-up on how to burn it though.

PS: found a how to HERE

Exactly the same as burning an nrg file to disc.

Using the wizard, CD -> Compile a new CD -> Other CD formats -> Create a CD from an image file -> Finish. Then just navigate the file browser to the image file, etc.

Theres a few ways round this one.
You can either burn the iso as it is or you can extract the files from it to your hard drive. Once on your hard drive you can install the program from there.

Latest Winrar will do this for you. Run Winrar/ Options/ Settings then Integration. Tick ISO at the bottom. You can then just right click on the file in question and extract.

You can also run Winiso. Choose Open and then extract.

If you run Alcohol you can write the iso directly to Cdrom by selecting the Image Burning Wizard.
You can also choose Mount Image. First make sure that you have a Virtual Drive created with Alcohol. Then choose Mount Image (your iso file). You can then just run it from your virtual drive without taking up any extra disk space. Once mounted it will probably Auto run anyway.

Thanks all for reply's I am experimenting with all sugestions I will let you know how I get on thanks again.

Back