Notebook will not connect to internet ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just been given notebook off ate to look at as he can not connect to net. Powered up and noticed wireless was disabled so turned on and it connected fine to my wireless connection.

Opened mozilla but when i try various sites i just get 'unable to connect' , this is the same with Explorer.

Cleared cookies, all data etc. Gone through settings and all looks fine. Turned off firewall ?

Any ideas

Go into dos, check for an ip addy mate.

ipconfig is the command.

then try ping command.

ping BBC - Homepage
ping 62.253.162.30

You should get replies for both. If you dont, eg both time out then something is blocking your connection.

When i type that in on xp i get the box but its only open for coupole of secs then closes ?

Pretty much confirms virus/malware.

Either rename the .exe files (e.g. mwb.exe to xxx.exe) or run from safe mode with networking or both.

If that still doesn't work try Hiren's boot CD it comes with Malware bytes et al on.

Pretty much confirms virus/malware.

Either rename the .exe files (e.g. mwb.exe to xxx.exe) or run from safe mode with networking or both.

If that still doesn't work try Hiren's boot CD it comes with Malware bytes et al on.

Yeah safe mode is probably the easiest and best option imo. Install malware and run it, but definately sounds like malware. Are you getting pop-ups for offers for software to solve the problem?

Back