Northwest uk wind woes

goldeneagle1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Think its a case of crossed fingers & expect to re align dish with winds of upto 100mph forecast. Mini dish should be ok but 1m might need some adjusting come the weekend. The joys of a sat enthusiast lol.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

westyorkshire strong winds coming and expected in serten parts of the uk 100 mph winds with heavy rain see what happens wind getting stronger hear rain changing to snow on higher ground then rain and high winds

My dish is now facing 90degrees to the right, luckily I have android TV.

I'm hoping that the motor has moved on the mount and not the dish on the motor as that way I can easily reset it when the wind drops.

:grayno::':)'( one of the bolts from t&k brackets have pulled themself away from the wall looks and it a rocking looks like its a strip down off the wall tomorrow heaven help its a 1.2m channel master

Same problem here luck has it motor seems ok just spun on mounting pole going have a look in an hour

For the second time in recent days, my dish has moved just a little, to the west, I believe.

Fortunately, I've been able to compensate for this by altering the motorised setting in Usals, originally from 2.3West to 0.2 east and then after last night's storm, to 1.0 East.

I don't know how many more adjustments like this will lead to the dish failing to follow the Clarke Belt adequately.

My mini dish has also moved a little, leading to reception problems with only the slightest gusts of wind. Happy days lol.

My dish had spun on the mount i have just realigned it, its a but of a task like up and down ladders but its done. I have now removed the dish as tomorrow looks bad aswell.

Just got mine sorted, up on the roof, wife looking at the tv, see how it lasts, the motor had slid on the pole.

The winds are back again- supposed to be worse in the south but it's pretty bad up norf just now. I wouldn't move your motors in strong winds.

Mine moved here in Dublin yesterday,had to put an extra degree west on to my longitude to get it back on track

its really bad here, an orbital 80cm on t and k of a friends has moved so ill have to sort it when it settles down. regards mdt

Back