Noobs guide to setting up the "SILVERBOX"

mickymcdee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right i am a noob still to this forum also to this clever little unit called the silverbox, but here is a step by step guide of what you will need and what you need to do in order for you to be sat down watching tv in less than 30mins.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

1. A female to female null modem cable these are a off the shelf item in your local maplins at a hefty £4.99 lol look here> .
Or if you are ordering via ebuyer they are cheaper but make sure you get the CORRECT cable as you dont want to fook yer new box do ye?.

2. A shaver adaptor with a 3a fuse or better a bs plugtop with a 3a fuse for the psu that comes with the silver box as it has a 2 pin european plug moulded.

3.A male rf plug (normal tv aerial plug) Which your cable feed will be going into.

4.A pc/laptop with a serial com port on

5.A cup of tea

6.QCX_SLF_VER7.10_UK_up_new SOFTWARE
bundled with stblink4 program tool (this will be available to download from this forum now)

7.Connect the null modem cable up from your pc to your box nice and securely! connect power to silverbox run the stb4 link program click on set up comm button then coose port 1 which is mostly used if fails try com2 the software will now read software vers etc that is in the box now all you do to upgrade is click on upgrade software then choose your software which would be v7.10 bin file do not attempt to unplug anything whilst flashing process is going the stb box will dissappear on screen and the led on the front of the box should be flashing red/green rapidly power can now be disconnected and reapplied
thats yer software on anyway.

8.Finding and storing channels nrext thing connect up your box to your live feed via the rf input and scart to tv etc go to menu on remote>user installation>automatic Then coose your network id for your area live qam on 64 auto search ON do a blind search between 50 to 850mhz this will take a long time or if you know your area frequency enter it as the top and say enter 50mhz below what it should be this will take 15mins to search and store when finished press ok to view there you go watch yer tv.

9.Another cup of tea ! :)

I have got all 5 of these boxs working 100% now my friends are very happy bloody love jobs who needs em! :grab:

Whilst they are a few bugs on the current vers 7.10 sware ive been informed software writers are on to it at the moment to sort out etc the futures bright the futures the (silverbox).
A learning curve is allready developing within these and other forums regarding this smart little unit so any quirks,advice,hints,tips etc will be of great importance.

: thanks :

mickymcdee said:
Right i am a noob still to this forum also to this clever little unit called the silverbox, but here is a step by step guide of what you will need and what you need to do in order for you to be sat down watching tv in less than 30mins.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

1. A female to female null modem cable these are a off the shelf item in your local maplins at a hefty £4.99 lol look here> .
Or if you are ordering via ebuyer they are cheaper but make sure you get the CORRECT cable as you dont want to fook yer new box do ye?.

2. A shaver adaptor with a 3a fuse or better a bs plugtop with a 3a fuse for the psu that comes with the silver box as it has a 2 pin european plug moulded.

3.A male rf plug (normal tv aerial plug) Which your cable feed will be going into.

4.A pc/laptop with a serial com port on

5.A cup of tea

6.QCX_SLF_VER7.10_UK_up_new SOFTWARE
bundled with stblink4 program tool (this will be available to download from this forum now)

7.Connect the null modem cable up from your pc to your box nice and securely! connect power to silverbox run the stb4 link program click on set up comm button then coose port 1 which is mostly used if fails try com2 the software will now read software vers etc that is in the box now all you do to upgrade is click on upgrade software then choose your software which would be v7.10 bin file do not attempt to unplug anything whilst flashing process is going the stb box will dissappear on screen and the led on the front of the box should be flashing red/green rapidly power can now be disconnected and reapplied
thats yer software on anyway.

8.Finding and storing channels nrext thing connect up your box to your live feed via the rf input and scart to tv etc go to menu on remote>user installation>automatic Then coose your network id for your area live qam on 64 auto search ON do a blind search between 50 to 850mhz this will take a long time or if you know your area frequency enter it as the top and say enter 50mhz below what it should be this will take 15mins to search and store when finished press ok to view there you go watch yer tv.

9.Another cup of tea ! :)

I have got all 5 of these boxs working 100% now my friends are very happy bloody love jobs who needs em! :grab:

Whilst they are a few bugs on the current vers 7.10 sware ive been informed software writers are on to it at the moment to sort out etc the futures bright the futures the (silverbox).
A learning curve is allready developing within these and other forums regarding this smart little unit so any quirks,advice,hints,tips etc will be of great importance.

: thanks :

Can 1 of the mods make this a tut and put it in downloads?

Done,
Clive.

net id?

hi i was wonering about this net id thing is it the same thing as you do with the pace boxes are net id my are is Leicester and on the net id map it is 622....

also on the readme it says qam 64 network off ??? lol doesn't say anything on net id

The read me file that is posted with the sware should be put aside when searching for channels it didnt work for me but putting in net id and setting 64qam network search on did thats why i put it in the guide. :licker:

@mickymcdee well done good work < one thing though does it have to be tea because i'm a coffee drinker LOL reps added

box

i only get 109 channels this cant be right can it cuz theres no skysports and some music channels arnt even there.... also most channels say scramble 1800 or something

Scambled 1800

I havent counted the full amount of channels as yet but they are over 200 total regarding the scrambled 1800 message either switch box into standby then back on quickly or if you have paitence leave it on the channel it will soon display the program the people who write the software are aware of this bug which is a pain in the arse.Ive been informed they are working on it fingers crossed there is an update out soon.Aparentley vers 7.02 didnt have this bug but 7.02 had a time bomb within the code which wasnt a good selling point. : spook : as it would stop workin at a set date and time . Has anyone tried running vers 7.02 software ?.Also does anyone know the actual korean manafacturer of the box itself? thanks.

k

yeh i get over 300 channels now its working few channels on scramble here and there cant seem to find Sky sports 1 and 2 but theres 3 :(

stblink

hi members can any one tell me how to find stb4 link i havt used search but can still not find

regards AJ

i'm really sorry to have to ask this but what do you mean when you say silver box ?

i am a totall newbie but really want to understand how to do this

got pheonix programmer and software just started to learn and must say this forum is a wealth of experience and information

thankyou all

Back