iPhone Noob assistance required please!

Dazza

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just been given an iphone, and I have read so much about unlocking it, and jailbreaking it that I'm now totally lost!

I have a couple of idiot questions please!

Can it be unlocked, or can I tell if it already is?

What is the latest version I should be using to jailbreak it? Redsnow?

I've never even touched an iphone before, never mind having one and tarting around with it, so am very vague on any info you might need.

I can tell you it's a 3gs.
The available networks are listed as Orange, Voda, Orange/T-Mobile and o2.
Version 4.3
Modem Firmware 05.16.00

I'd like to put my Virgin SIM in it. Where do I enter the VM details? I can't find anywhere to put them at all! (I've found the settings on the 'net that apparently work.)

Thee phone has had a full reset.

Thanks!

I've just been given an iphone, and I have read so much about unlocking it, and jailbreaking it that I'm now totally lost!

I have a couple of idiot questions please!

Can it be unlocked, or can I tell if it already is?

What is the latest version I should be using to jailbreak it? Redsnow?

I've never even touched an iphone before, never mind having one and tarting around with it, so am very vague on any info you might need.

I can tell you it's a 3gs.
The available networks are listed as Orange, Voda, Orange/T-Mobile and o2.
Version 4.3
Modem Firmware 05.16.00

I'd like to put my Virgin SIM in it. Where do I enter the VM details? I can't find anywhere to put them at all! (I've found the settings on the 'net that apparently work.)

Thee phone has had a full reset.

Thanks!

before you do anything mate have you tried various sim cards in the iphone , if not try if you have different sim cards see how you get on i see its on the latest fw 4.3.1 ,so its not jailbroken at all now ?
here in the link you can download Redsn0w https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/261829/
Because your on 4.3.1 you will have to download the original fw for your 3gs , you will find it Here make sure you download the 3gs 4.3.1 fw, so as not to complicate matters , download the original fw in google chrome web browser, this will make sure you download the ipsw in the correct format rather in internet explorer as it downloads as a rar file[less hassle if u use google chrome mate] and will confuse[even though you can rename the file , you. once you have jailbroke mate post on here and let me know if you get stuck pm me and ill help you

Last edited by a moderator:
Back