nokia wont find diddly?reward 4 fix

lol, lads this guy pissing me off, ak47 what image u using on the dodgy box also have u a copy of the image he sent u on the dbox, if so could u pls send it to me.

cheers

Check the boot log and if there are no errors do the basic test.
Connect the rf output of your box to your TV and do a channel search for the analogue channels. If you get a snowy picture for the analogue channels the entry part of the tuner is faulty.

i have enclosed the bootlog for the box, funny thing is when i dont inlcud a servies file on the box, ie blank, the SIG rate is 62000, Ber 75 SNR8000 ut when i ftp a services file i get BER 26214 SNR 45000 SIG 37000, is this right???

i'm no expert at these m8 but there seems to be a fair bit about avia in there poss a dodgy chip. if mgb see's it he'll be able to tell you

@kabzy mabzy
The bootlog looks ok, but you can only see if the tuner is completly dead or not. The tuner answer requests.
Did you try ucode version 001A for that box?

I'm using the latest boxcracker image on the "dogeybox", I set the Ucode to vortex...this seems to pick up most of the channels though there are quite a few that are still blank or very glitchy......

It has to be a faulty tuner....or one with a very low signal receptor..if there is such a thing...I dunno I'm gonna try giving it another go tommorow..

Oh by the why I dont think I have the original Image....I think i might need that too if i'm gonna send it back to that German bumberclut!!!

Rather then sending it back would it not be a cheaper option getting hold of a working tuner and replacing it? Cant be that hard soldering the bugger, or is it?

Last edited:
I am having reception problems with a sagem 2x this is also from dapeno. I get really low snr levels on any channel from transponder 19 in the region of 22000. I used an old signal booster and it goes up to 40000 but this still isnt enough. So I tried an argos one for 7.99 I cant get any channel with this! The signal level shoots up but snr goes too low?

mgb said:
@kabzy mabzy
The bootlog looks ok, but you can only see if the tuner is completly dead or not. The tuner answer requests.
Did you try ucode version 001A for that box?

yes i have tried that ucode m8, but no difference at all.

Whats about the basic test with the analogue channels via the TV tuner.

mgb said:
Whats about the basic test with the analogue channels via the TV tuner.

trying that m8 and yes its a snowy picture. but fine with my working dbox.

so does this defo mean the tuner gone. ??

cheers

A snowy picture means 1 or 2 resistors are burned and/or 1 transistor.

cheers mgb, u have been a big help to me in my quest to fix this dodgy dbox.

cheers m8

Dapeno is a german conman

Hello,
Just reading this thread and it sounds very familiar. I bought a box from depeno and he gave me that bullshit too. bought 4 3 working 1 faulty. I think he is packing a faulty 1 with each order now and again.

Mine too is faulty and he says he will have to have it tested and will cost money etc. I am just gonna buy a tuner and save all the hassle.

Thats his address below. Just dont buy off him. I should of read this post before.

Daniel Nocke
Retoure
Emanuelstr 27
80796 München
Germany

also check this post
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49555&highlight=dapeno

laters
AgentX

i dont know if hes a conman as many peeps seem to have had no probs with him, but u cud be right about him packing a few dodgy ones ( by this i mean working boxes but with the tuners on their way out) which is the case for mine.

cheers

kabzy mabzy said:
i dont know if hes a conman as many peeps seem to have had no probs with him, but u cud be right about him packing a few dodgy ones ( by this i mean working boxes but with the tuners on their way out) which is the case for mine.

cheers

well to me dapeno sounds like a major arsehole to me i dont think i've read anything good about him, just shi*e box's with dodgy tuners!

anyone buying one off fleabay have a look at egi1000 had about 4 or 5 off him and all spot on also come within 3 days direct from germany. just look at his feedback!:)

hope this helps newbies who's after getting a dbox.
:BLOBBY:

Back