Phone Unlocking nokia n73

dannyboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive recently tryed to update the firmwere on my phone and the updater crashed and the phone wont swich on anyone got any ideas if it can b fixed cheers dannyboy

Check Your warrenty here failing that You will need it flashed with Jaf or MT-Box.

theres no warenty how do i go about doing that and what tools do i need cheers danny

think theres a program called pheonix that you can use just using the usb cable i think m8

Have u tried just removing the battery for a short while, if the flash didn't complete it could have just froze n will be ok, still with old firmware! I had this with a 6680 using the Phoenix software a couple of times.

The phoenix software does work but it a bit of pain to get the drivers installed properly. I had to reinstall OS on a spare laptop half a dozen times before I got it right and installed properly.

Have u tried just removing the battery for a short while, if the flash didn't complete it could have just froze n will be ok, still with old firmware! I had this with a 6680 using the Phoenix software a couple of times.

The phoenix software does work but it a bit of pain to get the drivers installed properly. I had to reinstall OS on a spare laptop half a dozen times before I got it right and installed properly.

mate u know where i can get the phoenix software from cheers danny

Pheonix is the name for the old software used by Nokia service points to flash phones. I cant remember if the N73 supported flashing via USB, I have a feeling that it didnt.

Its quite hard to get hold of this software, you would also need to download an extra bit of software that contains drivers as well as a dongle called a DTS-4 I think.

This software is, or was, strictly controlled by Nokia and if your phone doesnt support USB flashing then it will require an adapter to do this.

If you can get a JAF box with the adapter as well as a copy of the firmware, then this will be your best bet.

mate u know where i can get the phoenix software from cheers danny

I think I found a copy that worked on piratebay!

This program is is not for the faint hearted, I had to work hard to get it installed correctly as stated, I just wanted to update firmware on an old 6680 to debrand. The said copy did state that it worked on an 8gb N95 and I think it did see my N73 if I remember.

I used an old laptop and installed a clean XP OS at least half a dozen times before I got all drivers installed and program working.

You will also have to find the correct firmware as well.

Phoenix 2008 Install

1) Install msxml6_x86.msi
2) Install vcredist_x86.exe
3) Install Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver.msi
4) Install Nokia_Flashing_Cable_Driver.msi
5) Install Nokia_Service_Tool_Drivers.msi
6) Install Phoenix_Service_Software.msi (Version 2008)
Apparently it should ask for dongle (depending upon the version you downloaded), if it does use old dongle *****. I had one, it didn’t ask while installation. Its MD5 529007e5fcca7094df2cac66ccd7a582
7) Fix Dongle by installing Phoenix_2006_2008_fixer.exe

1) Run the program
2) Create User if it asks to.
3) Connection, select USB and apply it.
- Supports dead phones and firmware downgrade.
- For flashing as dead phone, use NO Connection and open product instead of USB and scan product.
4) Connect phone, select scan product.

think i will just try and get someone to do it for me sounds really hard
Lol, you are better off getting someone to do it :)

Once the software is installed, its dead easy to flash. However, I dont think it is that easy getting it, or the firmware in the first place.

For an N73, it should be pretty straight forward as well. Probably wont even cost that much to do.

Back