No sound on LG42PQ2000-ZA TV

wiz569

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The sound has just stopped on my TV,picture is fine but absolutely no sound from the TV regardless of what input source I use,

Any ideas,please?

Anything over the headphone socket?
TV speakers or sound system?

Daft questions:
Have you tried toggling mute?
Have you checked that no one has put the volume right down?

Anything over the headphone socket?
TV speakers or sound system?

Daft questions:
Have you tried toggling mute?
Have you checked that no one has put the volume right down?

There is no headphone socket and the TV speakers dont work

Have tried every way possible to get sound,volume is up,mute is off,TV speakers are turned on in the Menu

cheers

Factory reset the tv, you can on lg, take note of personal settings.
You sure its not sat stb muted etc?

Factory reset already m8 and no sound even when I use the TV just with the Ariel

Whilst we wait for @parker13, do you have anything you could hook up to the optical port?

Have never used an optical port before so unfortunately dont have either an optical cable or anything else to connect it to :(

Looks like I blew the dream-box tuner messing with the different connections last night as well grrrr

i had exactly the same issue with an lg tv i was messing with a bit ago. look here for the conversaition i had withmyself lol. my first thoughts were the speakers are turned off but you covered that. can you check the phono out if you dont have headphone outs or a way of checking optical? if you confirm no sound is coming from the tv in any way shape or form i would look to see how much a new/second hand main board would cost. its really easy to program if needed and i can help after spending a day sussing this.

good luck

i had exactly the same issue with an lg tv i was messing with a bit ago. look here for the conversaition i had withmyself lol. my first thoughts were the speakers are turned off but you covered that. can you check the phono out if you dont have headphone outs or a way of checking optical? if you confirm no sound is coming from the tv in any way shape or form i would look to see how much a new/second hand main board would cost. its really easy to program if needed and i can help after spending a day sussing this.

good luck

There is no phono out either m8 :(

Might see if I can see a main board for sale anywhere

Cheers for the tip,will be back to quiz you if needed :)

If anybody else has any other ideas please feel free to chip in :)

Could you pinpoint that for me m8 uploadfromtaptalk1399908086396.jpg

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

Will get a clearer pic of the board and get back to you mate,

Can you give me the full part number off the white sticker, EBT6077......

Can you give me the full part number off the white sticker, EBT6077......

MDM9915-01966 EBT6077152
99EBT6077152100A

Is that enough?

Also was looking at theses two boards on ebay,one is for a 50PQ2000 and the other for a 42PQ3000
Boards look identical to mine but not sure which would be a better match to my 42PQ2000

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I got a board from a 37" when the one I needed was 40" it's pretty easy to reprogram it.

You will need a USB stick and a programable one4all remote . I can lend you my remote if you need it. It might even still be programmed up.

There is supposed to be a way of doing it through serial but a password and a certain version of software is needed.

Neither mate, different software, can't find a used board only new, Search results for EBT6077152

can you not find IC1000 and check the cap ?

Will check tomorrow,what am i looking for,bulging? but if it is the cap,I cannot solder lol

I got a board from a 37" when the one I needed was 40" it's pretty easy to reprogram it.

You will need a USB stick and a programable one4all remote . I can lend you my remote if you need it. It might even still be programmed up.

Do you have any links as to how you figured this out,my main concern is that yours is an LCD and mine is a plasma,it might not work on the plasmas,

As you can see I know feck all about TV's :)

I'm at work at the mo but I can link you a few sites from where I pieced together what I did.

You might want to check for dry joints on the circuit board (locate sound chipsets), they use lead free solder nowadays which is crap after a while.
The PS3 Fat & Slim lasers are a fine example.

Back