No software management menu, cannot manually install tsmedia

steevo88

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello guys,

first of all can I just say what great work goes on here and how helpful this site has been to me over the last few years sone information has been invaluable. and even though I have learnt a lot again im seeking the help of the brains on here to solve a problem ive encountered.

I recently updated my dreambox 800se hd to the rats latest backup image which is a great image and includes his channel boquets and picons autoupdater, my problem has arised as I wanted to reinstall both tspanel and tsmedia which I usually do via ftp and then the software management option on my menu, see the trouble is the software management option simply isn't there anymore and im stumped on how I can do this another way or if the fault is within the image itself, any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks again

ste

hello guys,

first of all can I just say what great work goes on here and how helpful this site has been to me over the last few years sone information has been invaluable. and even though I have learnt a lot again im seeking the help of the brains on here to solve a problem ive encountered.

I recently updated my dreambox 800se hd to the rats latest backup image which is a great image and includes his channel boquets and picons autoupdater, my problem has arised as I wanted to reinstall both tspanel and tsmedia which I usually do via ftp and then the software management option on my menu, see the trouble is the software management option simply isn't there anymore and im stumped on how I can do this another way or if the fault is within the image itself, any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks again

ste

Software manager should be in the plugins menu, if not from the plugins menu press the green button and see if you can download software manager from there.

If not then FTP both to the tmp folder as normal but install with the telnet app puttytel or DCC

Login and then run this command.

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

just hought id report back advice was spot as as usual, feel a bit stupid that I never seen software mananagement in the plugins I assumed it was built into image, anyways thanks a million everything running fine now :Bounce:

The other thing to note is you don't need the latest version of tspanel any .ipk will do because once you have loaded it there is an update option in the panel.

Back