No s*y sports channels

vramchurn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have been using Sagem 1x dbox2 for couple of years now in Manchester area but never had any luck picking up s*y sports channels. Re-flashed with Blade Trinity Revisited recently and it later auto updated to find Sports 1 and 2 and lots of others had been missing but all get channel not available messages. Checked quality and there are BER/SNR values but zero signal value. Am getting Sports Xtra though. Any advice anyone, do I need a signal booster maybe?

Its not unusal for sagems to show zero sig readings what is the ber and snr on a working channel and a channel unavailable message one
plug feed from wall straight to box no splitters see if you get them then.

Thanks for reply Fergalsworld

Am running with a splitter to modem/dbox with a 6dB forward pass attenuator (N*L provided when installed) before the signal splits - when I try feeding straight to dbox it picks up very few channels and all are scrambled, I remembered also trying this once before, seems I need to have internet connected at same time to pick up anything, is this normal?

Example signal info for working channel:
BER 120,000
SNR 63,000
SIG 18,500

For unavailable channels:
BER 10,000,000 (seems a bit high!)
SNR 22,000
SIG 0 - No signal

hi vramchurn
try andromeda img it work the best for me on sagem 2x it is well worth a try

good luck danny

Thanks for reply Fergalsworld

Am running with a splitter to modem/dbox with a 6dB forward pass attenuator (N*L provided when installed) before the signal splits - when I try feeding straight to dbox it picks up very few channels and all are scrambled, I remembered also trying this once before, seems I need to have internet connected at same time to pick up anything, is this normal?

Example signal info for working channel:
BER 120,000
SNR 63,000
SIG 18,500

For unavailable channels:
BER 10,000,000 (seems a bit high!)
SNR 22,000
SIG 0 - No signal
Did you take the 6dB forward pass attenuator out of the loop aswell as the splitter and when you say they were scrambled did you just get a blank screen or channel unavailable message showing try a scan

Have tried re-scanning without attenuator attached but same results as before - unless I have the splitter connected to broadband modem aswell I get very few channels and all show blank screen. Attenuator present or not doesn't seem to make much difference to 200 or so channels picked up successfully, just won't pick up certain ones namely s*y sports and some others like partcicular discovery, uktv and +1 variants - when they're on channel list just get blank screen and not available message (not rescan prompt though). All blank screen channels show the very high BER at the same set value that doesn't vary at all.

Since all my other channels are working perfectly I can't see what the problem might be. Are there any software settings I could mess with?

Have a nosey in the white box on the wall try it without the splitter/isolator in that also try a booster from argos slx1p 8.99p if that dont work you can get a full refund
also try another image see if that picks them up

Back