No more poncey lattes for me!

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Damn these coffee's are getting expensive. £2.50 for a sodding coffee, wtf that's outrageous. To top things off there's always a long damn queue in these types of shops, there's always some stupid bastard who can't make up his mind what flavour syrup he wants on his nutty mochalatte. Then the person at the front of the queue has been ordered by his girlfriend to go and buy a £2 chocolate muffin so he then traipses back and takes forever choosing which one he wants when they are all the bloody same.

What has happened to us? We used to drink a cuppa from the local cafe for 20p and be done with it. Now if your hot beverage of choice doesn't come with a selection of 5 different toppings you're considered uncool.

and no I don't want another shot of coffee in my latte, once shot is more than enough, in fact this will be my last ever cup from you overpriced thieving gits.

Don't ruin a good cup of coffee by putting milky sh1te and syrup in it and frothing it up. Drink it black....yeah I know espresso is almost as dear and you only get less that a mouthful but its a good kick and you can always have it Americano, watered down but miles better than milk in it.

You are rich, invest in a good bean to cup machine or even a pod machine for us less than rich people...:proud:

The smell of good coffee will be worth it in your new HT room.

What has happened to us? We used to drink a cuppa from the local cafe for 20p and be done with it. Now if your hot beverage of choice doesn't come with a selection of 5 different toppings you're considered uncool.

Speak for yourself you southern softy!

WTF is a latte anyway? :err:

Buckfast with a crunchie broken up into it?

:)

Don't ruin a good cup of coffee by putting milky sh1te and syrup in it and frothing it up. Drink it black....yeah I know espresso is almost as dear and you only get less that a mouthful but its a good kick and you can always have it Americano, watered down but miles better than milk in it.

You are rich, invest in a good bean to cup machine or even a pod machine for us less than rich people...:proud:

The smell of good coffee will be worth it in your new HT room.

jaffa if I drink an expresso I'm rushing like I've taken an E, same goes for drinking a can of coke. I guess as we get older we become more sensitive to caffeine.

I can't afford one of those super duper coffee machines, they cost hundreds of pounds and much more for a good un. Honestly I think the time has come to quit drinking coffee, it's far too addictive and expensive. I'll stick with Indian tea for now and then ween myself off that and onto English tea, hopefully after that I can quit altogether.

I've way too many vices in my life and a few have to go, starting with coffee. I'm really gonna miss requesting soya milk and holding up the queue though, and to think all this time I could have paid with my credit card just to piss people off behind me, DRAT!

witchy, put a straw in a glass of coffee and blow into the straw, once it has bubbled nicely you have yourself a Coatbridge latte.

witchy, put a straw in a glass of coffee and blow into the straw, once it has bubbled nicely you have yourself a Coatbridge latte.

Straw?

Is that one of those yellow tube things that my mum used to give us whenever her Bic Biro would run out?

Nowadays she uses posh catridge type pens out the Pound shop.

25 pens for a quid, but no straw :(

I hate bars that have those coffee machines in.

You can guarantee that when I want to be served there is some some scarf-clad student in front of me (complete with shit T-shirt and Spongebob rucksack) ordering the most technically demanding coffee based drink. The barmaid will be clueless and incapable of doing more than one thing at once. Yes, this has really happened to me several times. The worst barmaid actually held onto the coffee cup while it was (slowly) filling on that drip tray thing under the machine. I only wanted a bottle of beer.

I'm having a black Kenco with a paracetamol dissolved in it.

Back