[DM800HD] No IP or Nameserver found - please help

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
chaps.
have the dm800 with image dreamboxuk - kernal version 2.6.18

set it up with network ethernet plugs as this box is upstairs and modem downstairs.

the dm picks up the lan connection, dhcp but cannot pick up IP or nameserver...what shall i do?

thank you all!

Did you try the wireless connection as per your other thread?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Did you try the wireless connection as per your other thread?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

yeh couldnt get it to work properly...anyway i bought some ethernet plugs dude............this was the option in the first place , was just waiting for them to arrive! so how do i get the ip? cheers

I would suggest bringing the box downstairs and connect it to the router as per normal and make sure you get ip address etc,
now hopefully when you connect it back upstairs it should connect fine,providing of course your homeplugs are working ;)

I would suggest bringing the box downstairs and connect it to the router as per normal and make sure you get ip address etc,
now hopefully when you connect it back upstairs it should connect fine,providing of course your homeplugs are working ;)

will try, thanks top dog.

did this

worked down stairs but still not picking up IP up ere

are the sockets that the home plugs are connected to on the same ring main? if you turn off the trip switch for the sockets in the room that one adapter is in, does the other one also lose its power?

Back