No EPG showing for IPTV, help.

pburns

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Zgemma Star H2
System OE: PLi-OE
Firmware version: OpenPLi 7.0-release (2019-07-27-release-7.1)
Kernel / Drivers: 4.10.12 / 4.10.12-20180830-r0.0

Both tuners disabled
Sources ticked in epg importer for IPTV
It goes though the motions of importing 17671 events

IPTV Bouquet maker provider is ticked, it goes through the motions of parsing M3U file, creating other files and importing 17671 events but nothing shows up in program guide.bouquet.PNG

Are you sure you have the correct source for your iptv provider ticked in EPG Importer?
EPG importer will still go through the motions even if the wrong source is selected.
It just wont correspond to your channel list if its the wrong source.

Are you sure you have the correct source for your iptv provider ticked in EPG Importer?
EPG importer will still go through the motions even if the wrong source is selected.
It just wont correspond to your channel list if its the wrong source.

Yeah, its the only one ticked.

Attachments

• source.PNG
    source.PNG
    149.2 KB · Views: 19
Ive never used iptv bouquet maker before,
Has the EPG worked before and now suddenly stopped?
I think you might be better using the xtreme Jedi or suls plugin for iptv.
Out of the 2 i prefer Jedi

Tried this with open ATV, the box ran slow not as smooth as open PLI. On trying to add playlist in JediMaker the box keeps crashing on OpenPli.
Anyone know what the problem is from the crash log?
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

What version of jedi are you using ? Some of the latest version had a few bug try an older version.

When you do get it working for the EPG to work make sure your box no longer thinks we are in 1970 ;) because that was probably the cause of your original problem in your first post

What version of jedi are you using ? Some of the latest version had a few bug try an older version.

When you do get it working for the EPG to work make sure your box no longer thinks we are in 1970 ;) because that was probably the cause of your original problem in your first post
Yeah, thank you, already downloaded the ntp timeserver plugin & I've tried an older version of JediMakerXtream, downloaded from here. Same problem.
I find PLI runs faster on the box, more smooth & quicker response but just cant get JediMakerXtream to work with it.

Well as we have now solved why the epg would not show id say you could go back to using IPTV Bouquet Maker as jedi wont work for you.

jedi maker works for me on 7.1 . Im not running a Zgemma though and your not running the latest version.

I tried it on the latest version.
The epg had the problem with the ntp timeserver plugin activated rebooted and showing the correct time and date.
I tried it on a few 7.1s from the nightly builds (openpli-7.1-release-sh1-20190812_usb.zip, openpli-7.1-release-sh1-20190729_usb.zip & openpli-7.0-release-sh1-20190610_usb.zip) It was the first plugin I installed for if I couldn't get it working it was pointless to go any further with it.
On jedi 'add list' I keep getting green screen with both latest and older version of Jedi.
Works fine when I flash Open ATV

I tried it on the latest version.
The epg had the problem with the ntp timeserver plugin activated rebooted and showing the correct time and date.
I tried it on a few 7.1s from the nightly builds (openpli-7.1-release-sh1-20190812_usb.zip, openpli-7.1-release-sh1-20190729_usb.zip & openpli-7.0-release-sh1-20190610_usb.zip) It was the first plugin I installed for if I couldn't get it working it was pointless to go any further with it.
On jedi 'add list' I keep getting green screen with both latest and older version of Jedi.
Works fine when I flash Open ATV
When you install it to OpenPLI do you install via telnet so as any dependencies needed are downloaded and installed.

When you install it to OpenPLI do you install via telnet so as any dependencies needed are downloaded and installed.
I install from the temp folder in console, it then states it needs to download files for other providers or something. It did give an error about crontab on another occasion, it was unable to find path or something. Then another on running add playlist... (self['VirtualKB'].setEnabled(False) KeyError: 'VirtualKB')
I'm guessing this is what's causing the crash.

Anyway I've got it working with IPTV Bouquet Maker on PLi 7.1. Thank you for the help & suggestions.

So how did you achieve that so other members with the same problem may learn from you.
Download and flashed 7.1 from Open Pli. Follow start-up wizard to set up, disable sat and cable tuners. Install timeserver plugin set to NTP.

Download and installed 7.1 from Open Pli, follow the wizard to setup with no tuners active. At prompt from setup wizard install system timeserver plugin from 'system plugins'. Go to Menu/Setup/System/System Time: select (sync time using) NTP, Select sync now with NTP server, after it updates press green to save. Exit to main menu. Install EPG importer from plugins extensions, select it after install, set automatic import to yes. Set time, start import after booting 'always'. Skip import on restart GUI yes, green to save. Menu/Setup/System/GUI/User interface scroll down to Show picons in channel selection list set to yes/green. Green to save, reboot box. Put my details into suls generator copied the details, open cmd prompt telnet to box ip, log on with user and pass paste script from suls generator, it will install and reboot. Once rebooted, Menu plugins select 'IPTV Bouquet Maker' then 'Configure', set update scheduler to green & set your required time, attempt 'EPG import' to green. Select providers, select your provider, set the name you want in top box, enabled to green, setup mode to expert, Multi Vod & Picons to green, Bouquet position to top, Green to save, exit then select create bouquets. Give it a while it will populate, be patient it takes a while. Exit to main screen. At this stage I installed Automatic full backup from plugins & made a backup. It's skinned with 'Skin-SKY.NEW-HD-V3.0-by-Chababu' 'now and next' doesn't seem to work, though 'now' shows epg info for the channel Its on.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    398.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    424.6 KB · Views: 6
So basically problem at the start of the thread was because the time was incorrect and date was showing 1970.
No mt8, as stated previous, I had already worked out that issue may arise.
I had a good look around google before posting and tried everything suggested. To rule that out, I had also connected the cable tuner and had auto bouquet maker installed at one stage.
I had tried a lot of things before posting as google always throws up someone with a similar problem.
One problem was with 'Crontab' another was 'Pil' or pillow, something to do with not finding path and the other error was something to do with 'imaging' on installing either 'IPTV Bouquet Maker or Jedi' the version that worked was 'openpli-7.1-release-sh1-20190729_usb' though I got a green screen just when I was rebooting after installing 'IPTV Bouquet Maker', suls script.
I thought I was back to square one but after reboot everything was fine.
I rebooted a few times more checked everything was working (except now and next) and made a backup.
The epg works better on the native skin. The sky skin VER 3 doesn't crash the box. Sky Skin VER 2 crashed box into a loop it kept reaching 27 and going back to 00 then boot 27, 00. I had tried quite a lot of things before posting over a period of two days each time with a fresh flash of the box.

Just one other thing, at the stage the picture was taken showing the date as 1970, the channels were on but in 'IPTV Bouquet Maker' no provider was listed under providers. I had got a green screen on reboot after install then also. It seemed more 'plugin and skin related'.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Back