No channels

As sly lower the SD signal it will take longer to encrypt the channels,Those on very low speed broadband will find it worse,Freezing/glitching will be an issue,I need to watch what i say on here as C/S is not allowed

Haven't been into CS for a long time but this is the way I remember it,
The @lefty1 receiver handles the decryption and the process is completely independant of broadband. The share provider merely sends a very small packet of information every few seconds over the internet which supplies the entitlements. Slow internet speed should have no effect on the receipt of the packets.

Encryption takes place before the signal is transmitted, decryption is handled by the receiver. Your description seems more apt to streaming rather than CS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update - channels working fine now. Not sure what was wrong tbh, nothing yesterday and got it all back today. Stupidly (or not) I requested to cancel my subscription with this supplier. Let's see if they respond to that!

Reading the thread today....hope I haven't caused people to argue oops! Also happy to provide further details if required, but given channels are back there's prob no need.

Just to add I have really poor (bt) broadband not even fibre, doesn't seem to cause much by way of glitches / freezes etc.

I probably did get a bit to excited.
But I really do think that it's important to nip rumours in the head before they start.
Need it be HD ready to go on c/s. Sly italia starting up on c/s again or signal reduction on 28.2e affecting users.
These rumours spread like wild fire.
All 3 above are still to questioned on a major scale!!

Just glad @lefty1 is back on track.
Probably maintance carried out after all that.

Also thanks @chookey well explained
post #21

(lets hope these people that sell thousands of creamy buns a month really understand how c/s works.) LOL

Last edited:
Back