Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nilesat

jango_nick

Inactive User
Hi All,
Think this is a great forum as a newbie,
Just wanted to ask, i am getting a dreambox 500s and was going to link it up to the internet and have my dish at 7 west for showtime.
Will i be able to pick up the showsports without a card and by doing it through the internet/telephone line will it automatically update the keys or could it go off during a game.
As it is for a bar and not the house so don't want people screaming at me if it went off.

depending on where you are in u.k you could need a huge dish to pick up the nilesat showtime package.

sizes of 1.8/2.4m in middle england and over 2.4 in scotland. : shocked2

depending on where you are in u.k you could need a huge dish to pick up the nilesat showtime package.

sizes of 1.8/2.4m in middle england and over 2.4 in scotland. : shocked2

Wow...that big? I was just going by another dish size guide! Fook me!

aye,thats what put me off.dont think the wife would be too impressed if she couldnae get the washing out.

yip about a 2m+ dish required for nilesat as it's beamed for the far east,thats why when u go to cyprus they have about 3m dishes for our uk sly

Thanks for replies all,
No the dish size is no problem to me as i am in Tenerife so 1 metre will do,
but as you say i have a 2.4 channel master for sky as i am not in the footprint.
What i wanted was to get as many epl games as possible to show in my bar and obviously
showtime have them all.
I am getting a dm500s so could anyone tell me whether i would need a Showtime card
or is there enough sports channels open to get me the epl.
I have sky, sky ireland and digitalb at the moment but the more i can get obviously the better. There is no problem with the piracy laws here as no authorites bother about this.
I can basically get any dishes set up but could have another 2.4 channel master for
free if i want it, would this be better than several smaller ones?
Also if i got a showtime card and i wanted to share between other bar owners how
many could link in to it using dm500s and would they need the internet/phone line themselves to keep it up and running without it scrambling before a game.
Know its a few questions in one but would be gratefull for any feedback.
Thanks in Advance.

Back