Night vision goggles prevent 'Potter' pirates

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Staff at a leading cinema chain have been equipped with night vision goggles to prevent pirates from illegally recording the new Harry Potter movie.

The PA reports that Vue Cinemas have asked employees to check that audience members aren't using video cameras to film Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which went on general release today.

Jamie Graham, manager of the Cheshire Vue complex in Ellesmere Port, said: "It is an incredible response and makes you realise why the distributors are so keen to protect the film from pirates. I have been working in the cinema industry for 10 years and I have never heard of anything like this before.

"Our ushers are using the goggles in every screening to check nobody is making any illegal recordings. If anybody is caught then they will be reported to the police."

Poor quality copies of the first two films were widely available on the internet and the black market.

wont have to wave so furiously when we want an ice cream then :)

dont know what all the fuss is about - -its rubbish anyway - -overhyped

and most video captures are done at private screenings when they give the staff a bung

i am oop north - -dont they bring it round on a little tray no more? its been a while since i went flicks :)

daing said:
i am oop north - -dont they bring it round on a little tray no more? its been a while since i went flicks :)

lol

must have been a real long time then cos over 10 years since i was last there and i had to go my own then.

i think Straw Dogs was last movie i saw at Unit Four in Blackburn :)

i went to the cinema tonight to watch day after tommorow and i saw the posters saying night vision will be used to deter pirates. whats gonna stop all the telesyncs like has already been said lol. most people dont even get cams!!

Night vision goggles prevent 'Potter' pirates

just an excuse to spy on people in back row.

Back