nicky butt for the toon

8780davy

New Member ++
Reaction score
whilst I'm sad to see gary speed leave newcastle (the mans been a great servant to the club) i'm happy that we have managed to seal the services of a great replacement in nicky butt.
I'm not sure why man u have let him go but I'm not complaining.
he may need a bit of match practice but who cares, I'm sure he will turn out to be a great signing for the toon.

8780davy :Cheers:

BUTT ALL SET TO FACE RANGERS
ENGLAND star Nicky Butt is set to make his Newcastle debut against Rangers tomorrow after completIng his move from Manchester United.

The29-year--old has signed a four-year contract with the Magpies and is in the squad to face Alex McLeish's men in the Newcastle-Gateshead Cup.

The midfielder, who has been given the No.4 shirt for the forthcoming season, was not a regular starter for Sir Alex Ferguson last season and has opted to seek first-team football elsewhere.

His move to St James' Park marks the end of a 13-year career at Old Trafford which included six Premiership titles.

Meanwhile, Newcastle's French winger Laurent Robert has leapt to the top of Espanyol's summer wanted list.

The left-sided player is wanted by new Espanyol coach Miguel Angel Lotina to bring creativity to his team for the new Spanish season.

Robert said: 'All that I can say is that at Newcastle I am very happy but for all players to move to the Spanish league is a step forward.'

"I'm not sure why man u have let him go but I'm not complaining."

cos all hes done this season is bitch and moan about not playing but he hasnt put in the performances to justify a place in the team

Back