(news) popstars tour cancelled

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The Popstars: The Rivals UK-wide tour has been cancelled following poor ticket sales, it has been confirmed today.

Girls Aloud and One True Voice, the two bands formed by the ITV reality series, were informed yesterday that tour promoters AAA had pulled out just one week before final rehearsals were due to begin. Now Granada are considering suing the company for breach of contract, according to The Mirror.

"Granada are furious that this has happened. They had asked AAA to organise the tour and now they've pulled out at the 11th hour without any warning," an insider said. "The matter is now in the hands of their legal department. Both bands have a huge following and there are going to be a lot of disappointed kids."

Girls Aloud manager Louis Walsh said he was happy that the tour was now off, however, as it would give him more time to work on the girls' second single.

"We are very happy as we want to start work on a new video," he said. "The tour was organised as part of the TV deal with Granada rather than with the record companies. I don't know why it's been called off but if it's down to poor sales, blame the boys.

"The girls are doing fantastically in Europe. They will go on their own tour at the end of the year. Our new single is produced by the same guy as our debut and is like Sound of the Underground - only better."

i was really looking forward to seeing that :puke:

i'm absolutly gutted lol
if i wanted to watch a bunch of talentless shites i would watch
man u
lmfao

scootttieeee
u can run but u cant hide

Back