wilsonstristar

Inactive User
Reaction score
decided to register on here to find out more on soft modding my daughters wii and ive decided that i want to soft mod the console so my question is how

start with the stickies, then search for clarification on anything you're unsure of.
it's all on here.

read up on softmii

Or this :

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/206676/#post1517678

But you need to know what firmware you have first as the twighlight hack taht is used to install teh homebrew is different depending if you have less than firmware 3.4 or firmware 3.4

If you are on firmware 4.0, it current cannot be done via softmoddinh as the update has blocked the twighlight hack and custom WADs, which is what you need to install homebrew and softmods

Last edited by a moderator:
so once i have found the right firmware how do i install the homebrew software also i have downloaded some software and it says i need zelda i keep hearing about zelda what is it and where do i get it ..or can i rent it use it for the hack then take it back or what this is very new to me and would rather somone else did it ..much easier lol

Last edited:
whats everyones honest opinion on solderless chips over soft mod whitch has the better advantage

I have the wii-key 2 installed by myself using a wii clip.

I did buy the wii-key 2 and the wii clip not soldered, but i have solder skills (saved myself a tenner). then its all down to watching the youtube vids... Using a tri wing screwdriver, a small posi driver and 10 mins of time i had mine chipped and working...

(remember to read the instructions on first use, Insert a pal wii game to set the wii key 2 to region pal) see wii key offical page

My wii system is quite old so i did not have the issue with the resin on the system drive board.

next time im guna try the driveKey which works on all wii systems...

so the drive key is quite easy then .then afterb i install that then i can just download copies from certain sites burn them onto a disk and off i go

Back