Newbie..Please help!

You will get charged for the card if you say youve lost it, how badly are the screws damaged, have you got another box to switch the screws over, please dont say that you have tried to cut the talkback.

Thanks for all the replies and help. I havent touched the subbed box at all..the screws are as they left the factory, i just fooked the card up,, so i think the best course of action would be to burn the chip on the card as suggested, i take it that this will make the card unreadable?

I am now going to have to jtag the (not subbed) box that i have , will this provide me with all the info i need to write a card? Somebody mentioned the IRD, but every time i search for IRD using the search button i get a message saying the criteria is too small (story of my life!). So how do i find my IRD and with that would i be able to write to my MOSC card or would i need an atmega or Tit card etc?

just snap the chip on the card.
Burning it might not do the trick but gently bend the chip till you hear cracking sounds from it.

jinganinja said:
Thanks for all the replies and help. I havent touched the subbed box at all..the screws are as they left the factory, i just fooked the card up,, so i think the best course of action would be to burn the chip on the card as suggested, i take it that this will make the card unreadable?

I am now going to have to jtag the (not subbed) box that i have , will this provide me with all the info i need to write a card? Somebody mentioned the IRD, but every time i search for IRD using the search button i get a message saying the criteria is too small (story of my life!). So how do i find my IRD and with that would i be able to write to my MOSC card or would i need an atmega or Tit card etc?

ure ird is ontop of ure scart socket at the back of the box when u open it (white sticker ).also if you r going to do an extra box ie not subbed why bother contacting ntl at all ,u could get some1 to open your ntl card and then reporograme it l8tr then start using it. and if u tell ntl that kids lost card they will just post it out and bill u better than them visiting u and afer all small price to pay for tampering with there card

and small price to pay for a good lesson learned ie DONT TOUCH A BOX THAT U RENT it is repaeted here often enough listen and learn.

ps if you phone them and tell them all your channels r down ,i think they will send an update to your card and box will they not therefor reseting your card but dont quote me ask around first

Back