newbie Big help needed

Dwaine85

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title says I a complete newbie and having awful problems so if anyone could help with my questions it be greatly appreciated

1 my box is taking my hard drive, initializing 100% and I have set up recording paths but when I try to record I get a message something like no hard drive recognised

2 I trying to flash New image without success using a usb connected external hd. Is this why it won't flash and do I need to purchase a usb flash pendrive?

As the title says I a complete newbie and having awful problems so if anyone could help with my questions it be greatly appreciated

1 my box is taking my hard drive, initializing 100% and I have set up recording paths but when I try to record I get a message something like no hard drive recognised

2 I trying to flash New image without success using a usb connected external hd. Is this why it won't flash and do I need to purchase a usb flash pendrive?

Need a bit more info mate, I assume its a solo2 you have, what image have you on it at present. Can you see the drive under Mount manager. you need a pen drive formatted to FAT32, extract image and copy to pen drive, power off box, put pen drive in front usb port, power on box, press power button on the front of the box when its says so.

Hello mate..your in the right place but As kellogs23 says we need more information.
Yes you need pen drive VU+ will not flash from a hard drive 1Gb pen drive is perfect for flashing box
Give us the Box,the image,the hard drive type size,how you have set up hard drive and connected it,and is drive showing up in settings/information.
Maybe have a read of the manual as well as may give you some handy info you need.
cheers

Last edited:

Problem with usb hard drives is they need to be powered to work effectively unpowered drives do cause problem, you would be better off using a pen drive. Its important when flashing all other usb device are removed prior to flashing.

With regards to the hard drive not been recognised this could also be power related or it could simply be you have not setup its mount point.

Problem with usb hard drives is they need to be powered to work effectively unpowered drives do cause problem, you would be better off using a pen drive. Its important when flashing all other usb device are removed prior to flashing.

With regards to the hard drive not been recognised this could also be power related or it could simply be you have not setup its mount point.

Just out of interest..i did not think it possible but can you flash using HDD? Has it been done.?

Cheers for the replies folks. Couldnt get my box to flash with a powered usb harddrive so i purchased a pen drive yesterday and got vix installed onto it. After getting vix installed it also allowed my usb hardrive to mount so I have got that problem solved also. Couple more questions if anyone can help.

1) How do I get my HD to allow timeshift? Is this part of the initialize process where I would need to partition the the drive for example 50/50?

2) I have my 28.2e all working. I have a separate satellite dish that I can get 13.0e and 19.2e off which I believe already has some form of a disecq setup to allow this is that correct? Could i set my receiver up in anyway to receive all 3 satellites through a disecq switch? If so how do i set this up on the receiver?

Cheers for the replies folks. Couldnt get my box to flash with a powered usb harddrive so i purchased a pen drive yesterday and got vix installed onto it. After getting vix installed it also allowed my usb hardrive to mount so I have got that problem solved also. Couple more questions if anyone can help.

1) How do I get my HD to allow timeshift? Is this part of the initialize process where I would need to partition the the drive for example 50/50?

2) I have my 28.2e all working. I have a separate satellite dish that I can get 13.0e and 19.2e off which I believe already has some form of a disecq setup to allow this is that correct? Could i set my receiver up in anyway to receive all 3 satellites through a disecq switch? If so how do i set this up on the receiver?

go to timeshift settings in settings and just make sure it is correct.With vix i never need to do anything with timeshift its always just worked as soon as i flashed vix

as for the sats yes you can have as many as you want but must set them up depending on your box and set up tuners.
there will be a guild on here.

Last edited:

Switch will be fine

This guide will help you

Attachments

• Switch settings.rar
    296.7 KB · Views: 2
VU+ will not flash from a hard drive

yes and no.

yes you can flash the receiver from the Hard drive but as above you really need a USB stick.

you can also flash the the box directly from a interhnal HDD but for that you need to have a image on there first such as with ViX 3.0.6xx images and up you can flash any receiver directly from the built in image manager, but if you dont have this image on the box you will need a USB stick.

Last edited:
Got all my above issues sorted, well kind of. I got my hardrive to record and timeshift but having another problem with it. When i switch box off it keeps unmounting the hard drive an wont reload saved epg etc. Anyone offer any help?

Also I can get my mgcamd 1.38 working on vix image 3.0.721 but my cccam 2.3 wont work? Anyone offer any advice on this?

Got all my above issues sorted, well kind of. I got my hardrive to record and timeshift but having another problem with it. When i switch box off it keeps unmounting the hard drive an wont reload saved epg etc. Anyone offer any help?

Also I can get my mgcamd 1.38 working on vix image 3.0.721 but my cccam 2.3 wont work? Anyone offer any advice on this?

no expert but if you have recording and timeshift working ok, cant see why the HHD would unmount after a restart, with regard to CCcam 2.3 can you see it under softcam manager and have you it enabled and set to autostart, also make sure you have MGcamd stopped don't think you can run both at the same time. may be better to save you epg data and picons to pen drive.

Back