Fangface

Elite Member
Reaction score
Getting a new system at the weekend...

Intel i5 6500 3.2Ghz Skylake Quad Core
Zotac Nvidia GTX 970 4gb
8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400Mhz
EVGA Bronze 600w PSU

blah blah blah and I've ordered it with no OS.

I have a "legitimate" Windows 7 but was wondering if it's worth upgrading to Windows 10.
I personally can't be bothered but keep reading about DirectX 12 being supposedly far superior.
I don't have a disc copy of Windows 10 and it will be an upgrade rather than a clean install.

Mostly I'll be gaming so should I bother????

I use Win10 since a while already and I can say that Microsoft did a really good job with it!
It is very fast (for now), just a bit tricky at the beginning, but after some practice you will find it easy.

You can even do a clean install if you want. You can download a tool from Microsoft website that creates a bootable USB pen drive. That's what I did.

Getting a new system at the weekend...

Intel i5 6500 3.2Ghz Skylake Quad Core
Zotac Nvidia GTX 970 4gb
8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400Mhz
EVGA Bronze 600w PSU

blah blah blah and I've ordered it with no OS.

I have a "legitimate" Windows 7 but was wondering if it's worth upgrading to Windows 10.
I personally can't be bothered but keep reading about DirectX 12 being supposedly far superior.
I don't have a disc copy of Windows 10 and it will be an upgrade rather than a clean install.

Mostly I'll be gaming so should I bother????
Do it,its free ! its better for gaming too, i cant remember how exactly but my pc runs proper fast since i went to win 10.

l used them all over the passed 30 odd years and win10 is the best . it works with programs 7 would never work on , its like they crossed xp and win7 and turbo charged it

My trusty old Epson printer was designed in the Win XP days and was always a bitch to get working with Win 7, requiring several workarounds to get it up and running.

No such problems with Win 10, it didn't bat an eyelid. I agree with smirnoff_rules. Go for it.

i would have to vote for windows 10 ,i upgrade and have had no problems , might just be me but windows 10 feels faster and more stable

Windows 10 compatibility engine is also must better that the older operating systems. If you do need to install any programs that are not designed for windows 10 i have had no problems.

Windows 10 compatibility engine is also must better that the older operating systems. If you do need to install any programs that are not designed for windows 10 i have had no problems.

Agreed. A MS product could not be 100% perfect though. I must restart the windows explorer from task manager every two three days. But overall I suggest it

Back