New vix image how much do you test before releasing?

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this image has not been rushed out to save face. Reason being is that during setup my box crashed 5 times in total.

The image has had several months of testing over more than 300 plus builds, it's identical to the image we release for all other supported receivers, that said i would not be foolish enough to ever claim any work is bug free as thats just not the case.

So if you have issues submit the crash logs / debug logs either here / on WoS or via the inbuilt logs manager directly from the receiver it self. also consider posting what you did that lead up to the crash as unlike popular belief We dont posses any magical psychic powers to be able to diagnose problems form such a vague thread.

The image has had several months of testing over more than 300 plus builds, it's identical to the image we release for all other supported receivers, that said i would not be foolish enough to ever claim any work is bug free as thats just not the case.

So if you have issues submit the crash logs / debug logs either here / on WoS or via the inbuilt logs manager directly from the receiver it self. also consider posting what you did that lead up to the crash as unlike popular belief We dont posses any magical psychic powers to be able to diagnose problems form such a vague thread.

Oh sorry i have seen you put that you don't release any image untill your completely happy with it's stability so assumed that this build would be sorry. Ill have a look for the inbuilt log manager and send you the crash logs.

EDIT Logs now sent.

Last edited:
Oh sorry i have seen you put that you don't release any image untill your completely happy with it's stability so assumed that this build would be sorry. Ill have a look for the inbuilt log manager and send you the crash logs.

we are happy with the release otherwise we would not have released, none of the 12 testers we have on the Twin project have shown any major issues, but as with all software projects the more users who test the better as every one has a slightly different setup and therefore slightly different results. if you have logs please submit them to us and we can look into what may be causing your issues. I did notice you mention the EPG in the other thread, how exactly is you EPG setup and how many providers have you selected etc ?.

we are happy with the release otherwise we would not have released, none of the 12 testers we have on the Twin project have shown any major issues, but as with all software projects the more users who test the better as every one has a slightly different setup and therefore slightly different results. if you have logs please submit them to us and we can look into what may be causing your issues. I did notice you mention the EPG in the other thread, how exactly is you EPG setup and how many providers have you selected etc ?.

I use xml tv importer i select 2 sources satmate sky tv and rytec uk. I can't remember at which point it crashed but it was during setup of the epg. Every crash i had was during initial setup, ie epg, channel list and installing softcams that sort of thing. Nothing major i know but just seemed to be quite a few crashes during initial setup thats all.

I use xml tv importer i select 2 sources satmate sky tv and rytec uk. I can't remember at which point it crashed but it was during setup of the epg. Every crash i had was during initial setup, ie epg, channel list and installing softcams that sort of thing. Nothing major i know but just seemed to be quite a few crashes during initial setup thats all.

Cant say as ive had any issues like yours but i have never bothered with the xml importer for EPG on the twin. I use CrossEPG and it works fine. Now we have your logs andy will have a look to see what if any thing he can do to remedy you issues.

Cant say as ive had any issues like yours but i have never bothered with the xml importer for EPG on the twin. I use CrossEPG and it works fine. Now we have your logs andy will have a look to see what if any thing he can do to remedy you issues.

COOL thanks i think i stopped using cross epg on the twin before as i had issues. I will give it another go on this image. Ive got permenant time shift working now so im well happy and i know the missus will be when she missus bits of her soaps. :)

You dont need to use xml importer anymore just setup cross epg with opentv much more better imo

Back