New Virgin Takeover

shanz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does any one know if we will be getting new boxes from Virgin or will we keep the Samsung/Pace ones?

personaly i cant see that happening, but you never know with our richard

I spoke to customer services last week and asked one of the advisors and was told that we wont get a new Virgin box unless I subscribe to the V+ box..

so no, the boxes wont be replaced as they will get the new service update, but again its upto the engineers discretion I think as they has a choice, they would give you a PACE but if you were nice to them, they would give you a sammy.. lol

Does any one know if we will be getting new boxes from Virgin or will we keep the Samsung/Pace ones?

I can't see the boxes being replaced too quickly simply due to cost. I was reading some info about NTL and the numbers below were mentioned. Now depending on how much a box costs to manufacture (say £50 to £100) and say 50% of the nearly 5m subscribers have TV boxes which need replacing, then you are looking at £125m. Then you can add half as much again for the work involved in actually swapping over the boxes. So i would say you are looking at a couple of hundred million at least which is not insubstantial even for Branson.
Of ntl's 4.9m subscribers (excluding Virgin Mobile), 75% take two or three services, and 39% take three.

nops no new boxes , unless u wana pay 15 quid extra every month for v+ boxes
most of their deals havent changed since they were ntl

Back