Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Virgin STB offers 'cost-free HD'

pic of back of box

back.jpg

where did you get this pic from? have u had this installed??

thought they dont get released until 22 March..

They already have its called the Samsung 3110 V+

NO not the sammy 3110. ! there bringing out an apdated version of THIS V HD, its NOT the samsung 3110> read below !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Where the V HD box reveal its budget routes is the lack of any PVR (Personal Video Recorder) functionality meaning no recording or time shift capabilities (pause/rewinding live TV, etc). This will no doubt be addressed with a new flagship V+ box before too long, but given on-demand services are the true future of TV viewing it shouldn't a deal breaker for those on a budget."

Has anyone had one of these installed yet?? or heard back from VM after registering there interest on their website.

Quite fancy one for upstairs, does it only allow access to HD channels or will I be able to get the package ive subscibed too for my main box on it??

Has anyone had one of these installed yet?? or heard back from VM after registering there interest on their website.

Quite fancy one for upstairs, does it only allow access to HD channels or will I be able to get the package ive subscibed too for my main box on it??

im getting mine on the 9th mate, & yes u should get all HD channles ..if ur on .M,M+, L, XL, package on ur other box

looking at the channel list on M+ id only get about 2 HD channels or are they now changing this so you get all of them?

also why do they charge £35 install surely its a case of unplug normal box and plug this in

looking at the channel list on M+ id only get about 2 HD channels or are they now changing this so you get all of them?

also why do they charge £35 install surely its a case of unplug normal box and plug this in

yes there changing it so u get all of them. its not on there site yet !& its a one-off cost of £49 and with no additional monthly free, & installation costs £35. Rather strangely it still costs £15 if you do it yourself, so basicly its £65 quid !!!!!! ..do abit of hagling & iv got it free .!! just £15 installation .heee ..looks like VM are getting better ..+ thers a + model comeing out l8r this year,with a hardrive onit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this box installed for on the basic free package with the phone line and 20MB BB on 16/02/10.

The fella who installed if said they were the standard boxes that they were putting in all new installations now.

I got this box installed for on the basic free package with the phone line and 20MB BB on 16/02/10.

The fella who installed if said they were the standard boxes that they were putting in all new installations now.

What's the performance like mate with channel changes and menu speeds?

yes m8 can u give us a quick review plz , channles change e.c.t ,& does it upsacle the other channles like the v+ ....thx

This is gonna sound like i'm nuts but I have hardly used it cos got the sky+ HD box installed 2 days after getting the Virgin in cos I seen the offer on here. Whats gonna make me sound even crazier is that I havent got a HDTV haha

The first thing I noticed on it though was the menu speed commented to my mates in work that day cos they actually work and not hang for a couple of mins on every screen !!!

So yes as mad as it sounds I have got both Sky and Virgin HD and no HDTV to make use of it so cant comment on picture upscaling etc

This is gonna sound like i'm nuts but I have hardly used it cos got the sky+ HD box installed 2 days after getting the Virgin in cos I seen the offer on here. Whats gonna make me sound even crazier is that I havent got a HDTV haha

The first thing I noticed on it though was the menu speed commented to my mates in work that day cos they actually work and not hang for a couple of mins on every screen !!!

So yes as mad as it sounds I have got both Sky and Virgin HD and no HDTV to make use of it so cant comment on picture upscaling etc

What are the chances of asking someone for a review and they don't use it because they 'have SKY HD' anyway.... sacre bleu...

just spoke to them and they said channels will only be available to XL customers. onyl 3 channels for M customers

just spoke to them and they said channels will only be available to XL customers. onyl 3 channels for M customers

well im sorry dude but there wrong ! there availble on ALL package's (when there all on) wich could b a few months yet ....thats why most call centers .dont know about it yet !! if u do abit of searching onit .u will see

well im sorry dude but there wrong ! there availble on ALL package's (when there all on) wich could b a few months yet ....thats why most call centers .dont know about it yet !! if u do abit of searching onit .u will see

Just had a flier in the post it says only get all HD channels with XL, M+ package only includes BBC HD, ITV1 HD and 4HD.

Back